cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report changes not reflected in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a report designed in Business Intelligence Front end tool. I have added that report to a role created in BI backend and assigned the report to that role. I am executing the report in Portal through SSO and the report is executing successfully.

I made changes in the report and assigned it to the role again. When i execute the report in portal, the changes are not reflected. But when i check the same report in Portal using another team mate id, he is able to see the changed report. We checked the iview of the report in portal and the changed report is there in portal. But i donno why it is not showing up for me. We cleared the Browser cache and checked again but the result is same. We both have the same roles, so nothing to do with the Roles. I think the problem is in portal, but dont have an idea on where to check it.

Help me in this regard. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the same role shows different contents for report for both, it clearly means there is no problem in portal but only in browser. Try to log out. Clear browser cache using Ctrl+F5 and then login to portal in new browser and check.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

Thanks for ur reply. Actually, we already tried this option but couldnt see the changes even after that. The roles are BI Roles.

Any other suggestion?

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

This is strange but please do this simple test & confirm:

Run the iView using your colleague's id. Copy the complete URL from the browser.

Open another fresh browser session, pasting the URL login using your credentials.

What do you see now? Do you see the change?

This a simple method to filter out the issue..whether its related to backend or not.

Awaiting Reply.

Regards,

Ritu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You need to clear the navigation cache in portal to get the new report getting refelected.

Go To System Administration- Navigation-

Click Clear Cache..

Swapnil