Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VFBS: Screen control - Is there SAP documentation available and where?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for documentation on this transaction. Does anybody know where to find it?

We are upgrading from 46C to ECC 6.0 and there I had the problem that a custom button was added to a standard SAP screen. This button no longer worked. I figured uit that I needed VFBS, and managed to get it working again by creating the entries in the three tables (T185F, T185 and T185V).

Now I am trying to find out how to use it if I wanted to do the same myself (from scratch).

I searched SDN, and the Library. Even the ultimate Google... Nowhere can I find proper documentation on this transaction.

Is there standard SAP documentation available and if so, where?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi for the documentation for anything check this...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/35/2cd77bd7705394e10000009b387c12/frameset.htm

go to this and give the area name you will find the help..

regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just closed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin,

Could you please let me know how you managed to create the entries in the three tables ?

In my case, approx 17000 entries need to be made in each of these tables. Let me know how you could get through.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Neha

0 Kudos

I just needed one entry so I entered teh values directly in the tables. In your case (17000) this is not an option...

Maybe you can use LSMW?

Cheers,

Edwin.

0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Were you able to find any alternative to creating those 17000+ entries in T185* tables?

I'm facing the similar issue and I don't think manually creating such entries are the solution.

Can you please share your findings?

Thank you.

Regards,

BGaurav

0 Kudos

Hi BGaurav,

The entries in the T185* tables are cross-client and in the vast majority of these are SAP delivered entries. Customer entries are permitted, but only in the defined customer range of Z8* and Z9*. See report RDDKOR54 with the view V_185F.

You are reminded that you can transport the contents of tables between systems - so you don't have to manually create entries in these tables in every system. 

Andrew

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

While upgrading from 4.5B to ECC6, we downloaded all the T185* table entries to an excel file and uploaded them through a Z BDC program on VFBS. For the new screen that were created in ECC6, we maintained those entries in a separate file and passed uploaded them as well. As a batch input. This was the only solution we could come up with.

[Hope this helps anyone visiting this page in days to come.]

Regards,

BGaurav