cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form interface in Smart forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want clear explanation about Form interfaces in Smart Forms.I know that they are similar to Function Modules.But,I want it in a Technical Way.

If possible , Make the Screen shot also.

Arun Reddy I

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Form interface is the link between the program (se38) and the smartform....

We create our program...write the logic..(selecting some data based on the selection screen data) and then we will design the smartform (to display the data).

Now we need to pass the selected data to the smartform..so we export the variables, tables to the smartform and display there...

Regards,

Vidya Chowdhary A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey hi ,

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Smartforms/Exercises/SolutionEx1/Page1.htm

This is a link where sap technical has given one smart form but m getting error in form interface as per below .

Form interface

Y_tY_vbrk is unknown and m not able to understand how to resolve this error.

Please help me to get out of this.

Thanks and regards ,

Prasad Naralkar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I GOT A CLARITY ABOUT FORM INTERFACE ON SMARTFORMS By GOIgNG through replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Follow this link...for screen shots...on form interface.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Smartforms/PassingData/SF.htm

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Apr 25, 2008 6:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Form Interface, you must define the fields to be filled by the application program or returned to the application program.

All fields that are recognized by the form as import, export or table parameters through the form interface that implies they come from the application program.

Define the form interface

If an application program calls an SAP Smart Form (or more precisely, the generated function module of the form), there must be a way for the program to communicate with this function module. Data must be passed to the form and further returned by the form to the calling program. All data is exchanged through the form interface. You define the interface in the global settings of the Form Builder. All parameters of the interface are global, which means they are known in all nodes of the form.

The interface of the form/generated function module has the following parameters:

• Import

• Export

• Tables

• Exceptions

Import parameters are read from the application program. There is a number of default parameters and an undefined number of others of any type. Their fields are not ready for input in the interface. All other parameters differ from form to form and contain values provided by the application program, which means basically everything you want to output in the form. They are particularly important for the correct processing of the form.

Import parameters must be typed. To do this, you can use TYPE, LIKE, and (for ABAP Objects) TYPE REF TO - similarly as with the DATA statement of an ABAP program. You can set a default value for import parameters in the Default value field

Export parameters are returned to the application program. Parameter names and the type assignment of import parameters, is also true for the export parameters. If you check Pass value, the value is only passed at the end of the form function module to the parameter in the application program. However, if you do not check Pass value, the value is passed by reference If values are passed by reference, an export parameter is turned into an import export parameter, which means that values can be passed in both

directions.

Tables: You can pass internal tables to the form. For typing, you can refer to a flat table type or (with LIKE) a flat structure type. You can pass nested tables using appropriate export parameters. The values are always passed by reference, which means that value changes in the form directly affect the values of the application program.

Exceptions: Exception parameters are queried in the application program so that the program can respond to errors that occur during form processing.

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Manvi Srivastava on Apr 23, 2008 11:11 AM

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Apr 25, 2008 6:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

IS FORM INTERFACE SCOPE GLOBAL OR LOCAL?DON'T SAY ABT GLOBAL DEFINITIONS!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey hi ,

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Smartforms/Exercises/SolutionEx1/Page1.htm

This is a link where sap technical has given one smart form but m getting error in form interface as per below .

Form interface

Y_tY_vbrk is unknown and m not able to understand how to resolve this error.

Please help me to get out of this.

Thanks and regards ,

Prasad Naralkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also getting the same error......if you have found the solution ...do send me the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVSCRSF/BCSRVSCRSF.pdf

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

form interface is for import and export the parameters for form.

if you are using import parameters that is providing by user

Exporting parameters are given output based on values provided by user .

provide tables for which data you are passing to function module for displaying in output.

like same as in functionmodule.

i hope u can get idea after this.

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Former Member
0 Kudos

YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY WHAT A FUNCTION MODULE MEAN?I ALREADY SAID KNOW!IT MUST HAVE TECHNICAL MEANING.

Former Member
0 Kudos

very nice......

ummmmmm make jalsa........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatever parameters you declared in form interface will get in program as function module parameters of FM_NAME....means form interface is an interface between smartform and program.

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Dara.

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Apr 25, 2008 6:06 PM