Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i delete a transport request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I only speak a little english. I wait that you can understand me.

I have a transport request that is released. I make bad this request and i need delete it. But, when i go to se10 and I try to delete I recive this messagge:

Request/task ____ already releaded (not modificable).

How can I delete this request?

Thank you very much.

Report RDDIT076 is internal and should not be executed by customers.

- Reported by

Message was edited by: Suhas Saha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ak_upadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Now u can not delete that Request.

Regards

AK

18 REPLIES 18

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jose,

Since the request is already released now you can not delete the released task/request.

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Please use the program : rddit076 to get the released request to normal mode & then delete this request in a normal way.

(Hope this helps)

Edited by: Nishanth Kumar Reddy Chenchu on Apr 28, 2008 12:58 PM

0 Kudos

This was extremely helpfull....

0 Kudos

Hi ,

There no problem if you released the request , stiil you can tell BAsis guy to revert or Delete request before importing to production or Quality .

regards

Deepak.

0 Kudos

Thanks Nishanth for the help,

After I released the transport request, I wanted to do some further modifications.

Used this program to change the request to 'D' (modifiable) status.

Thanks & Regards,

Kaushalya

0 Kudos

You are perfect,very helpful for me.

0 Kudos

This was really helpful !!

ak_upadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Now u can not delete that Request.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

U cannot delete a transport request which is released ..

If U don't want the changes to reflect .. get the previous version

in development server , create a new request and release again ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once released, it cannot be modified or deleted.

If it is a task that is released, you can create a new task under the same request. But if the request is released, you cannot.

You can create a new request and make the changes.

reagrds,

pranu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose ,

Since the transport has been relesed you can not delete it , if you want to revert/undo the changes made by you , you can use the Retreive option in the version mangement in the program.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is easilly possible to delete the cofile and the datafile of the released transport request but why would you need to do that ?

It is also possible to delete a transport request in the transport tables but it is a very bad idea and could even be seen as a temptative to hide a forbidden action in the system.

It will be seen by a security audit as this would create a hole in the request order numbering.

You would need to use direct database access to delete a released transport request.

As I told you before, I would NOT do it as it is hasardous et may generate security audit problems.

You can also destroy your transport system.

Transport requests are stored in table E070.

We only modify the e070 table after system copy by database refresh to reset the next transport request number. It is done by inserting a line in the table. We never delete inside this table.

Use at your own risk !

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not delete a transport request if it is released. You can also not delete it even if one of its tasks is released.

Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot delete the request yourself since it is released. but you can contact your BASIS team and ask them to revert the changes made.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Unafortunately we don´t have feedback from who created this thread.

The thing is, once you´ve already released a transport request it can´t (and it must not!) be deleted from SE10.

The perfect idea of SAP transport system is that if you have released a transport request that contains for example a new version of a program and you want to go back to an older version of the program you should create a new request including the activation of the old version.

SAP does not provide a mechaninsm to reverse transports, see here: Note 11599 - Reversing transports

If you release a transport request and this request has not already been imported into the target system, You can delete it from the transport queue, BUT I want to quote something here: This strategy shouldn´t be used as the normal way to solve mistakes in transports. This should be used only in emergency cases where the import of the request could cause damage in the target system. The best practise is to create a new request fixing the mistake and import both request to target system together (the incorrect one and afterwards the correction).

Hope it helps,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Problem,

Goto->Utilities->Version->Version Management

then remove Tick Mark in the active and mark the old request and select retrieve button in toolbar.

save in the new request and release these.

former_member214857
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

You can delete a request via transaction SE10

1. First display required request

2. Delete

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

I think you won't be able to  delete a transport request if it is released.

but you can see the "version management"  retrieve the request under a new one

then you can change whatever you need.

do not forget to tell your administration to do not trasnport the old one to production

Best Regards.

Amine