SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Reail: BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying ot create a new article (material) by using BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT. Is that the right BAPI to do this?

The material get's created, but if I try to change it in MM42 I get the following error message:

Message no. MH084:

Assignment of article to merch. catgry missing in classification system

How can I resolve this error? The customizuing seams to be ok; create an article in MM41 works fine.

Thanks,

Manuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The answer is very simple. The article master data model has an internel link to the classification system. Unfortunately the classification system works with a kind of on commit logic.

Based on fact that the BAPis are not allowed to send a commit work, the caller must do this.

So after sending the BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT and returning without an error call a BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

Then it will work fine.

If you have such articles with MH084 in your productive system, let me know. For single articles I can provide a fix report.

Generic articles should be deleted.

Better idea is opening an customer message for support.

regards

B

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please checkup whether you have correctly assigned the specific merch category to characteristics in transaction WG22.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

HI Venu,

thanks a lot for your help. WG22 should be fine, otherwise an error would come up also in dialog mode. Is taht right?

Tell me if you need further information.

Best regards,

Manuel

0 Kudos

Hi,

the error comes up only if I create the article with the function module. In this case an entry in the table INOB is missing. This is the reason why it comes to this error.

Best regards,

Manuel

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The answer is very simple. The article master data model has an internel link to the classification system. Unfortunately the classification system works with a kind of on commit logic.

Based on fact that the BAPis are not allowed to send a commit work, the caller must do this.

So after sending the BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT and returning without an error call a BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

Then it will work fine.

If you have such articles with MH084 in your productive system, let me know. For single articles I can provide a fix report.

Generic articles should be deleted.

Better idea is opening an customer message for support.

regards

B

0 Kudos

You are a genious!

Thanks a lot --> 10 points!

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Be careful !

It is required to send the COMMIT after every BAPI Call.

Commit every article creation. Do not collect and commit once !

Regards

B

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing Article Master IDOC upload using LSMW (Single + Generic Article) with help of BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT function Module. Can you please help me for mapping basic mandatory parameter for this function module.

I have configured IDOC; I could not able to map the values with this function module.

Really appreaciate; if you have can help me on this.

Regards,

Ramki.

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

the function module and the IDOC have the same structure.

For every segment there exists a corresponding X segment

CLIENT and CLIENTX

That mean, if you try to upload a basic data field, you have to map the content in the CLIENT fields and set an X in the corresponding fields in the CLIENTX Structure.

Only the marked fields will we took over.

Furthermore it is necessary to set an X in the HEADER segment for the basic data view.

Regards

Björn

0 Kudos

We are facing this issue for single article. Can you please provide a repair fix which you mentioned earlier

Regards,

Sankar

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 15 articles that we cannot view because of the MH 084 message.  Is it possible to fix them using your report ?   They are single articles.

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

I'm facing what appears to be the same problem as you on our Retail prod system.

Did you manage to fix your articles and if so would you mind sharing the solution with me.

Regards,

Kerry-Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I am creating an ARTICLE using BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT by passing minimum mandatory fields required for basic view.

But its showing errors like key field not entered.

Can you please give the list of input parameters required for this BAPI.

Hope you can help me in this regard.

Regards,

Kiran.

0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I am creating an Article using BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT by passing below parameters for Basic view.

1.material type

2.merchandise category

3.material category

4.description

5.uom

6.transportation grp

7.loading grp.

8.valuation class

9.tax class

Also marked X in respective placesin clientdatax,plantdatax,headdatax etc.

Anyhow still it showing errors like key fields missing.

I am able to create article from MM41 using above 9 fields.

What fields shd be passed to this BAPI to create an ARTICLE?

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are populating the plant data, you are actually planning to create data for table MARC.

in this case, can you checked the mandatory need for logistic DC/Store view?

Bye

govind_singh5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern Panter,

i am facing the same issue can u pls send out the report to fix it, you mentioned in your comment above...my mail id is- govind.simple@gmail.com.

Thanks in Advance.

Many Regards,

Govind Singh