cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new Portal Theme to Default Portal Desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a new Portal Theme and now I want to add it to the default portal desktop. Here are the steps I am following:

1. System Administration-> Portal Display -> Desktops and Display Rules

2. Open the default portal deskop under Portal Content->Portal Users->Standard Portal Users->Default Portal Desktop. Right-click and select Open->Object

3. My new Portal Theme does not appear in the list of available portal themes to choose for the default.

Please tell me what I have to do so that the portal theme I created appears in the list.

Thanks.

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please excuse my ignorance but how do I open the desktop.

I promise to award full points if I get this to work.

Thanks.

Ryan

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Choose System Administration -->Portal Display -->Desktops & Display Rules.

In the Portal Catalog choose Portal Content and navigate to your desktop and double click to open it.

You can also use the search tab to serach for your desktop.

After opening Desktop, also search for theme the same way and add it to desktop.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ignore my last question. I probably only have the 'Delete' option because my portal theme is already added to the default portal page. I am still perplexed as to why I do not see my portal theme listed as one of the choices to select as my default portal theme.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIIII...

As u told that u have created a theme , have u save u r theme? . if done its fine.

Now go to desktop and display rules . copy default desktop and paste it in ur folder and change the id and name.

Now open it for editing.

Now again open the theme folder and select the ur theme by right click the option " Add theme to Desktop".

Now click on drilldown button , u r theme will available on second page of theme list.

And save ur theme as default.

Regards

Mayank Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I right-click on my new theme, I only get the 'Delete' option. I do not get the 'Add theme to Portal Desktop' option. Do you know what security I am missing?

Thanks.

ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create a new portal desktop

After opening the desktop,

you can find your created theme under system admin --> portal display --> under portal content --> expand theme folder.

Now add your created theme to the desktop.

Add your framework page & theme to the desktop & create master rule collection.

Regards,

vv.

Edited by: VV on Apr 28, 2008 5:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question and then I will reward points. Can I add my new Portal Theme to the default portal desktop object or do I need to create a new portal desktop?

Thanks.

Ryan

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ofcourse add your Theme to default portal desktop and also any other desktop if the business need exists.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I know my desktop?

Thanks.

Ryan

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should search for your theme in the portal catolog and add it to the desktop by right clicking on it and adding.

Steps:

1. Open the desktop

2. Search for your theme

3. Right click on theme and add it to desktop.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati