cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Active Background Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have some immediate hotfix to be applied during which there should not be any background job running. At the same time, we don't want to kill the processes forcibly.

Is there any other way to pause/stop the active background jobs and enable later to run where it has been paused/stopped?

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i don't think there is a way to suspend/pause the running/active jobs, you have to stop/cancel those ones.But you can use the program BTCTRNS1 to suspend/deschedule all the scheduled jobs,ie Move Jobs with Status "Rescheduled due to Upgrade"

,use program BTCTRNS2 Release jobs with status "Descheduled due to upgrade".

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I knew these reports to suspend/release scheduled jobs.

So, do we need to wait until the jobs are complete? This should not be the case, as there might be some other jobs which will start while we wait for the existing job to complete.

Any other thoughts.

Thanks

Vijay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

arthur_fuscella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

See note 666290. Use report RSBTCDEL to force deletion.

Arthur Silva

0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

thanks a lot.

This report was indeed helpful and we succeeded in deleting the active jobs in the system,which were blocked for some reasons best known to the Basis team.

thanks & regards

Dinesh Gopalani

nowkushal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As mentioned above, While executing (RSBTCDEL2) I can NOT see any record I have executed (RSBTCDEL), but the Job still running.

Please help, my problem is bit different.

I wanted to Stop/Cancel running background Job named (SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP) which Active/running for last 7 days.

I have executed (RSBTCDEL) selected only this Job name and also typed "X" - in (Delete with force mode). But after executing I got following message -

RSBTCDEL Of the 2 jobs selected, 2 were not deleted.

The background Job (SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP) still running.

Thanks

Kushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM37, we have one option to cancel the active job.

Try it. It can be solved your problem.

Select the "Job---cancel active job."

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We cannot pause the job in SM37.Only we can cancel.

using BTCTRNS1 only we can pause the job.

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the option of changing the number of background tasks? You can always set the system to run one background process (saved for priority A tasks) and then loading the fixes.

Just an idea.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Active jobs can only be cancelled from SM50 using options cancel with core, cancel without core options.

Thanks

Prasanna