cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Filter Data Selection in DTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to process records belonging to specific profit center and Company.

Example:

Company1 contains PC1 and PC2

Company2 Contains PC2,PC3

Now I need to process the records with the following condition.

( Compamy1 AND PC1) OR ( Company1 AND PC2) OR (Company2 AND PC3)

I dont want to process the records which has Company2 and PC2.I am using the routine in the DTP Filter to get the company and PC combination from the table.(For Dynamic Filter values).

Filter Table is maintained as below:

Company | Profit Center

-

Company1 | PC1

Company1 | PC2

Company2 | PC3

According to my understanding we can achieve filtration as per below condition.

( Compamy1 OR Company2 ) AND ( PC1 OR PC2 OR PC3 )

by writing the routine in the Company selection routine for company filtration and in the PC Selection routine for PC filtration .Now there is no link between the company and PC. Now All the Combination records (Company1-PC1, Company1-PC2,Conpany2-PC2 and Compamy2-PC3) will be processed.

I would like to know how can I achieve the following filter condition dynamically (using routine).

( Compamy1 AND PC1) OR ( Company1 AND PC2) OR (Company2 AND PC3)

pls help ...

Points will be rewarded.

Regards

Naveed

Edited by: Naveed Ahmed on May 2, 2008 1:46 PM

Edited by: Naveed Ahmed on May 2, 2008 1:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

It is a good challenging requirement but i don't think u can achieve this through DTP filter routines. Because filters are based on individual fields merging the filter across two fields is not possible.

Just give a try like this: instead of filtering it in DTP filter everythin in Start routine. Hope you aware about this but just try to fix the issue in alternate approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot make this "OR" filters in one DTP. You should create one DTP for each company or filter this in the Start routine of your transformation.

look at this thread

former_member282088
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

did you find a good solution for this problem by now? I have a similar situation and didn't find a satisfying answer so far.

Thanks,

Peter