cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set maximum length for TextEdit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a TextEdit UI element in my webdynpro page and I want to set the maximum number of characters that can be entered in this TextEdit. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Satyajit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

create simple data type.there you can set the maximum and minimum length for your data type and bind it to the text edit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

thanks for the reply. But I also want to use the same scenario for an Inputfield. Now I used the same method here and when viewed in the browser, the entire InputField has been stretched. How can I keep the view of the InputField as default but still have a restriction on the number of characters that can be entered in this InputField? It works for TextEdit.

Thanks,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chakraborty ,

Try setting the "length" property of the Input field to the required number of pixels or percentage..

Please consider rewarding points to helpful answers in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit

Try the "Length" property of the input field and bind with the simple data type as suggested by Arun

hope it helps

Regards

Srikant

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

try the length property as per mentioned in previous message

regards,

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone for your replies. Just one question though, I couldn't find a "length" property of an InputField. Do I need to do it programatically? Is there a setter method for this?

Thanks,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

go to properties of the inputfield.there will be property called length.just set it to your desired value.

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

no need to do it programmatically.set it in the simple data type length or else try it in length property of inputfield(right click the inputfield and choose properties and there will a length option).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone!!

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We are trying it on Numeric data type field by setting length property ,

but its not restricting it.

please help.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This thread was from 2005! I don't think you will get an answer on this one here. How about open your on thread if you need help?

Regards,

Tobias

Answers (0)