cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP to File to SAP DB (SQL Server)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm developing a website in PHP, and I want to insert data into SAP Business One 2005 (SQL Server 2000).

The idea is to create a file on the website, i.e. XML, and then write the data into the DB using an interface.

Can you give me information about this, i.e. Interface, XML file examples, etc.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be done using the SDK Tools in SAP B1.

SAP Business One is implemented as a two-layer architecture. The client software consists of a graphical user interface and business object classes that connect to the database. The server software consists of a fax, mailing, and dialing service, as well as the database itself.

The SDK business objects (DI API) connect to the database directly using the ODBC-protocol. They do not communicate with any of the SAP Business One client components.

Please read the documentation on https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/lw/uuid/5002c4a1-507d-2910-8082-8af7796591fe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

What I want to prevent is to have some information inserted and, because the tables relations is incomplete, the database won't be correct.

Therefore, I want to create a file with information and, when DI Server detects it is not in the some tables, it will write it on the respecting relationships' tables.

Does DI Server do that?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To interface a Website (PHP, ASP or whatever) with B1, you have several options.

First to decide which server technology to use. With B1 you've three choices:

- Direct access (which isn't supported by SAP for writting),

- DI-API, which will give a "fat" server (50Mo for each instance of the COM object) with a big bottleneck on performance,

- DI-Server (DIS) which is the "right" solution from SAP's point of view if you want to create a website from scratch.

Beside this, you can always choose to use direct access for reading the database.

With DIS, you can have live updates to the database.

To give you an hint, two weeks ago I had some friends who asked the same question and I suggested (as for you!) to use DIS. In less than 3 days, we had un full working solution (ASP on W2K3S).

Since it makes some times that I haven't done any PHP programming I can't tell exactly how long it will be, but from what I remind, it should be as easy (or difficult!) to implement.

Regards,

Eric

Answers (0)