cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive Logoff configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am running on EP 7.0 and accessing CRM 5.0 as a BSP application. I want to configure auto logoff after 10 minutes if no action is taken.

I have seen some Notes but can't get the exact solution to configure this fuction.

Please guide me how can i Implement this.

Regards!!

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking for informtation about disconect in our portal (EP 7.0) an inactive user after 'X' minutes without activity, and I canu00B4t be clear how to do it.

I'm reading this thread and It seems clear I must change web.xml file, but there are a lot of web.xml files.

Mr. gopala said a path for find this file

\usr\sap\<SID>\j2ee\j2ee_01\cluster\server\services\servlet_jsp\work\jspTemp\irj\root\WEB-INF\web.xml

but I don't find it in my system.

"/usr/sap/EPP/JC01/j2ee/?" ... and I don't find

"services\servlet_jsp\work\jspTemp\irj\root\WEB-INF\web.xml"

Can somebody say me more, thanks.

Edited by: Santiago Ruiz Ramos on Jun 3, 2008 9:31 AM

Edited by: Santiago Ruiz Ramos on Jun 3, 2008 10:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default, automatic logoff is not activated in the SAP System. Users remain logged on no matter how long they may be inactive. You activate automatic logoff by setting the system profile parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout to the number of seconds of inactivity you want to permit. Enter as a value for this parameter the number of seconds of inactivity that must elapse before a user is automatically logged off.

If you activate this function, the inactive users are logged off after the specified period expires.

Follow these steps for configuring automatic logoff.

Step 1 : Call the system profile maintenance functions with Administration -> CCMS -> Configuration -> Profile maintenance (transaction RZ10).

Step 2 : Define or maintain parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout. Enter as a value for this parameter as10 (in your case)

Note : To activate automatic logoff throughout the system, set the parameter in the default profile (DEFAULT.PFL). However, if you want to activate automatic logoff only for a specific SAP application server, set the parameter in the profile for that particular instance.

Awards points for helpfull answer

Best regards,

Anubha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anubha,

Thanks for your response But i want to activate this feature for Portal not for Gui. IN gui i have already maintained this parameter.

PLease guide if you have any idea to activate it in Portal.

Regards!!!

Amit

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In gui it will give pop up.

But in portal change default timeout for portal in visual admin and you will be logged out of the session after the time frame you have set and it will give the logon screen again.

If you dont want this and need futher customization modify the par in NWDS.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gopala,

Thanks for your reply.

could you please tell me where to maintain this TimeOut value in Visual Admin ?

My requirement is same as you described.

regards!!

Amit

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Amit,

You can set the session timeout for the irj(which is the portal) application in the file \usr\sap\<SID>\j2ee\j2ee_01\cluster\server\services\servlet_jsp\work\jspTemp\irj\root\WEB-INF\web.xml

It will be 30 minutes,Change 30 to 10 or as you required.

<session-timeout>

</session-timeout>

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

do i need to make changes directly in XML file or it can be done vis Visual Admin ?

if I do changes in XML it will be change in Standard file that SAP don't allow.

please make me clear about that.

regards!!

amit

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy the file change and replace.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx gopala

I will try this solution and revert back to you. hope for ur further guidence.

Regards!!!

Amit

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting session timeout in web.xml only releases the current users session, which will then release all datas stored in this session. But this does not have any influence on users logon ticket, while the ticket validity is by default set to 8 hours in UME and with in this 8 hours every time a users session gets expired, a new session is created for the user on demand.

So the user is not logged off after session-timeout.

Check this for more:

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati