cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast Message deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am trying to find the option of deleting the broadcasted messages in the Web IC. There is no direct optiuon available at this moment.

I have deleted the broadcast message profile. Still the message appears. Is there any means can we delete or change the messages.

My advance thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards

Birlabose

Edited by: Birlabose Sivanesan on May 12, 2008 11:49 AM

Edited by: Birlabose Sivanesan on May 12, 2008 11:49 AM

Edited by: Birlabose Sivanesan on May 12, 2008 12:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

johan_vanzijl
Participant
0 Kudos

Have a look at the Purge method of class CL_CRM_BM_BROADCAST. I have not tried this, but looking at the code in the method this might work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your suggestions. But this is not helping to achieve my requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Birlabose Sivanesan

pavithra_n
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Birlabose,

One way you can remove the message from the agent message bar is the following:

Click on the message - It opens a pop-up. Select the message and check "Mark as Read". This will remove the message from appearing in the agent session.

Anyways, the message should disappear after the "validity period" you specified while broadcasting a message.

Best Regards,

Pavithra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You are correct. But when the agent login again, the "Read" marked messages will appear again. So the agent have to carry out this activity for every login.

If we look in to the business perspective, The supervisor or the Manager doesn't have control on the messages which they sent to the agents. It doesn't serve the business purpose.

Thanks & Regards

Birlabose

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Birlabose,

Yes, you are correct. As you have noted, the "mark as read / unread" feature is only implemented in the browser (i.e it is not persisted across browser sessions). So, if an agent marks a message as read then it will be removed from the scrolling area. However, if the user closes and reopens the browser then the message will be visible in the scrolling area again (provided the message has not expired). The user has to mark it as read again.

In general the existing Broadcast Messaging functionality does not support "message recall" by an supervisor/manager. Once the manager has sent a message, the manager has the option to "resend" the message, but no option to "recall" or delete the sent message. Rather, as indicated by Pavithra, the only recourse is to wait for the message to expire -- which depends on how many hours and minutes the message was marked as valid for.

Both Pavithra and I are product managers at SAP responsible for the CRM Interaction Center application. We would definitely be interested in knowing more about your requirements for the message "recall" feature. Would you be able to provide a very short summary of this requirement including a short description of why the current solution is not adequate. This is potentially something that we could consider for a future release if enough customers would find it useful.

Thank you for raising this issue!

Warm regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John!

Thanks for your reply. I am aware about you through the various documents published.

I am building this message broadcasting capability for a water utility organisation in CRM Web IC. Broadcasting messages are used to inform the agents on the sudden unexpected outage of water supply due to network breakdown to manage the customer queries. Also this messaging will be used to provide the periodical update to agents on the progress of fixing this water outage problem. In such case the old messages validity period to be changed and new messages have to be published. So it’s not possible to give an exact validity period for every message. Also the messages frequently go through changes. The current features don’t support this requirement and failed to serve the business purpose

Also some of the messages have broadcasted for a test purpose. When we want to delete this, there is no option available to delete the message.

As a Consultant, I thought the broadcasting profile control this. I deleted the broadcasting profile from the web client profile and the broadcasting profile too. Then created the new one and assigned it to the Web client profile. Then create a new distribution list and send the broadcasting messages. Now the problem is that the old and new messages appear together. It makes things complex. Now I am unable to delete the messages. Strangely it also confirms that the broadcasting profile doesn’t have any control once the messages are broadcasted.

When I look for function modules and table entries to achieve the requirement, there is no option available.

In my view, this is a strong business case to provide edit and delete option for the broadcast messages.

Thanks & Regards

Birlabose Sivanesan

Edited by: Birlabose Sivanesan on May 14, 2008 11:09 PM

Edited by: Birlabose Sivanesan on May 15, 2008 8:09 PM

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Birlabose,

Thank you for the very detailed explanation and use case! Pavithra and I will take this information back to SAP and see whether something can be added for a future release to allow recalling of sent broadcast messages (whose retention time has not yet expired).

In the interim however, as a workaround solution for your current release, what about setting a specific expiration time for each alert of e.g. 15 minutes? That way the alert can be resent every 15 minutes (using the resend feature) until the situation changes -- in which case a new updated alert can be sent. Would this work at all?

And yes, you are correct that the broadcasting profile does not have any control over the actual alerts or the distribution list of users who receive the alerts.Rather I think this profile only affects the default suggested org unit that is proposed to the supervisor when creating a new distribution list. Perhaps Pavithra can confirm or elaborate.

Warm regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

At this moment, this is the only viable option with a minimum duration on messages. But when more messages have to be broadcasted, it will become cumbersome to resend it on frequent interval.

I am thinking of exploring enhancement on this. if you have any suggestion, it could help lot.

Thanks & Regards

Birlabose s

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm just wondering if there was ever anything added to broadcast messaging regarding this functionality. In our previous software (non-SAP) we had the ability to remove messages after they were sent, before the expiration time had arrived. This would be great functionality to see in SAP CRM which I do not currently see in the CRM 7.0 WebClient.

Regards,

Duane Chapman

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it is still same (in CRM 7) as it uses same functionality like in the previous versions.

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP is planning some enhancements to the Broadcast messaging after CRM 7.0, but mainly the ability to choose color/font schemes for messages. Currently there are, unfortunately, no plans to support the "delete" requirements yet.

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Just wanted to check if SAP has completed any enhancement to delete the Broadcast message.

Thanks,

Taran

0 Kudos

HI Taran

In the customizing of Broadcast messaging profile, you can specify the number of days in ‘Keep Expired Messages' field.

This defines how many days the system should store expired messages. After the defined number of days has passed, the expired messages are deleted from the Sent Log the next time you start the application.

If you specify ‘Blank’ means 0 days.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I'm in a SAP CRM 4.0 to 7.0 EhP3 SP06 upgrade implementation. ¿Is there any update about this or we still have to keep having the message open until expiration takes place?

Thanks in advance for the answer

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The option to delete would be a nice enhancement.  My business user created a broadcast message for a one week duration that we tried to delete.  The messages are populating on top of each other and are getting cut off for the users at the Customer Service Contact Center.  I'm not seeing this issue on my computer when I create a broadcast message and assign myself to the distribution list (one single string/row). 

Thanks,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John!

SAP enhancement plan to activate this "recall / delete" feature is celebrating almost 8 years and still not realized?

Are there any updated on this?

Looking at other Customer, I think that general requirement is simple.

Have the opportunity to control/recall/delete the messages that are broadcasted.

Also be advice that still on EHP7.3 SP.10 and still we are experienced the following problems that are just not acceptable.

1. User mark as read, logoff, login again and Broadcast Message is again shown.

2. Second session opened. -> Mark as  'Read' messages are shown again.

If you need additional help to understand business requirement, please let me know.

Let's work together to maintain SAP being the best of breed CRM!

Best Regards.

Roberto Montes de Oca

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

I haven't worked on this topic for quite some years so I'm not able to comment. But I will certainly ask the responsible colleagues to have a look.

Warm regards,

John

henning_duerholt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

actually Improvement note 2308499 introduces a "delete" function besides various other enhancements of Broadcast Messaging.

Best Regards,
Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Duerholt.

We will look at them carefully and will back to you with our feedback!.

thanks,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Thanks for your reply.

Birlabose