cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS n MSS content from SAP Deployment website

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to implemnt ESS n MSS ( EP 6.0) ..to start with , what are the ESS and MSS content packages i have to download from service.sap.com .... when i browsed the list of BPs available, i am not sure which is the right one.... Would be great if any of you who have done this could let me know the right packages and versions.

Thanks and regards

Sangeetha J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're not using Solution Manager to tell you what to use and download it correctly? It's much easier that way. Anyways, the BP's you need will depend on your backend version (ECC5? ECC6?) as well. You need to look at he documentation for the BP's and it lists the pre-reqs.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As chris mentioned consider newer versions as well ( like EHP2 )

SAP has defects in older SP's of ESS 1.0 like the one in Personnel information - overview - page not showing up all the fields and are hardcoded.

If you havn't Download the guide for XSS from service.sap.com , then u can match your scenario as per the available BP's and respective SP's.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is much more to consider....for ECC6....you can also consider your Enhancement Pack level (there are newere packages available for EhP2 for instance...as well as your XSS pieces to download. Typically, I leave this for our admins to determine based one our need (ie. ESS and/or MSS packges for our release). Also, you might want to grab the HRAS package too as it has some iViews that can be used in ESS/MSS if using HCM Processes and Forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Thanks for the input....the backend is ECC 6.0

Since i dont have System Admin rights to download and see the content of the package i could go through the documantation....i am tryin to get the list of content to be downloaded for ESS and MSS, which i can give to sys-admin to download it for me to start configuration.

I guess the right ones to be downloaded are

SAPPCUIGP12_0-20001215.SCA

SAPESS12P_2-20000512.SCA,

BPERP5ESS12_0-03288.SCA.

but i am not whether these are the correct ..or sum more docs are also needed?

Thanks for your time

Cheers

Sangeetha J