cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERMS Workflow WS0200001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement that on inbound automated email i.e. softbounce the mail should be forwarded to an external email address.

We have done required configurations in

1. Transaction SO28 - maintained the recipient for ERMS BOR for the incoming email address. Also created required receiving email address.

2. Created necessary rules in rule modeler.

3. Created service manager profile with Service ID "RE_RULE_EXEC" and assigned relevant policy.

4. Assigned Service manager profile to the receiving email id for Object IDs 207914, 207915, 207916.

5. In Transaction 'CRM_ERMS_WF_CUST' , ERMSSUPRT2MAILRECEIVED is activated.

We are getting following errors

1. Transaction SWI1 - "ERMS Support object: Could not find DOCUMENT", We are getting the error at the step "Invoke Service Manager".

2. Transaction CRM_ERMS_LOGGING:

2.1 Error "Exception in method constructor (CL_CRM_ERMS_XPATH_TAG): Service CL_CRM_ERMS_ADD2FB_DOCUMENT failed: Cannot read email"

2.2 While executing CRM_ERMS_LOGGING by providing valid "Document ID" we are getting following message

"Error: Exception in method eval (CL_CRM_ERMS_RULE_CONTAINER) : Service AH_FORWARD failed. Source type \CLASS=CL_CRM_ERMS_AH_FORWARD is not compatible, for the purposes of assignment, with target type \INTERFACE=IF_CRM_ERMS_IMMEDIATE_ACTION at: CL_CRM_ERMS_RULE_ACTION=======CP : CL_CRM_ERMS_RULE_ACTION======CM004 : 72 ..execution time (CL_CRM_ERMS_AH_FORWARD) :0.1108590"

Any ideas.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I've never seen this type or error in ERMS. A few questions, were emails going to, say, IC Inbox correctly without ERMS? What if you changed the rule to a more simple one, for example, routing to an org unit, and see if DOCUMENT errors still happen. Narrowing down whether this is a broader EMail issue or if it's ERMS or Service Manager may get you in the right direction.

The handoff to ERMS once an Inbound email reaches SapConnect is challenging for troubleshooting bounces. I've tried this as well when setting up bounce rules in the past. I've had to make some changes to Bounce workflow tasks, etc.

Take care,

Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

As per some guidance from Bruno, in your Service Manager Profile you should have the following directly called services:

1: SVC_PARAMS

5: FG_WEBFORM

10: FG_BP

20: FG_EMAIL

30: FG_WI_CONT

50: RE_RULE_EXEC

80: AH_DEF_ROUTING

90: UT_WORKITEMTEXT

800: UT_ERMS_REPLICAT

I know from experience if you do not have the relevant services as above you can end up with errors as viewed in SWI1.

This set-up above resolved a number of issues for me.

Regards

Panduranga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panduranga,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Actually, I have tried all these variations and various combinations. I think problem is before the workflow reaches the fact gathering services as I am getting error in the workflow at the Invoking of service manager.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your response.

Please note the following points

1. We are not using Interaction Center and we are using ERMS only to deal with bounced inbound mails.

2. In SO28 when I changed the rule that on receipt of mail "New Recipient" is particular user the email reaches the Business Workplace of that user.

3. I have done all the configurations/settings as per John Burton's article ERMS: How to Guide Consultants.

4. We have an OSS issue open for last one month but have not been able to resolve this issue yet. Finally, SAP ERMS team has forwarded this issue to basis team to have a look at the SAPconnect related issues as we are getting errors in the workflow.

5. As I have mentioned previously we are getting error in Workflow WS00200001 at "Invoke Service Manager". While on syntax check of this task does not give either any error message or warning etc. and also confirms "No inconsistencies exist".

6. However, on doing syntax check at "Workflow started" we are getting following message.

"The check produced '7' items of information '0' warnings '0' errors

Message no. WD474

Diagnosis

Note that the Workflow Builder saves workflow definitions in almost every status, but only allows activation if the workflow definition is free from errors.

The workflow definition can be activated if there are warnings and information, but these should still be noted."

6. VERY IMPORTANT

On debugging we found that email document id SOFM:FOL32000000000004RAW33000000003692 is not provided to the workflow probably. When we provided this Email document ID in Transaction CRM_ERMS_LOGGING the required action executed perfectly as desired.

If you need I can post various screenshots at flickr etc. for you to review.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

we are getting following errors on performing check in the "Route" Task of Workflow WS00200001.

1. Variable &REQREQ.REQUISITIONERUSER.ITSDESTINATIONSY& exists in

description text Task description, but not in the container

Message no. 5W146

2. Variable &REQUISITIONERNAME& exists in description text Task

description, but not in the container

Message no. 5W146

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Deepak

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Can you perhaps post a link to a screenshot of your SO28 configuration. It's actually not clear to me what you mean in your statement: "In SO28 when I changed the rule that on receipt of mail "New Recipient" is particular user the email reaches the Business Workplace of that user."

Thank you.

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I am sorry for not being clear. I have uploaded screenshots at flickr at the following link for Transaction SO28 settings and also screenshot of mail being sent from gmail and received in "Business Workplace" of the specified user.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26894465@N03/

Transaction SO28 settings - columnwise

1. Alternative unclicked

2. Recipient * (means all inbound mails should pass through this rule)

3. AddrType Internet Address

4. New Recipient Deepak Ahuja

5. AddrType Name

6. Addit.selection unclicked

7. Sender blank (nothing input there)

8. AddrType blank (no input there)

Please let me know if you want me to upload any other screenshots too.

Regards,

Deepak

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Thanks for the screenshots. This is clearly the problem. You're SO28 settings for inbound distribution are incorrect. In order to invoke ERMS, you need to map the inbound email address against ERMS

BOR object ERMS Support 2 (ERMSSUPRT2). The BOR object ERMSSUPRT2 implements a special interface IFRECEIVE that is called by SAPconnect when new e-mails arrives. This is mentioned in the document, "ERMS How to Guide for Consultants" attached to the ERMS FAQ note 940882. However as shown in your screenshots you are not using address type "SAP Object Instance" (with ERMS Support 2 BOR object) but rather you are using a different address type "Internal User" which has nothing to do with ERMS -- so naturally ERMS is not working.

Warm regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

My settings were exactly as mentioned by you. However, I just wanted to show that inbound mails arrive in Business workplace that is the reason I changed the settings temporarily.

Therefore, in other words even though my settings are exactly as mentioned by you I am not able to have any success. I think there may be error in the workflow. If you want I can post screenshots of various logs and errors that I am getting.

Regards,

Deepak

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Ok. Well you can hopefully understand why I was confused since the screenshots you showed me are not relevant for ERMS.

Anyway, I strongly doubt there is an error in the workflow since ERMS is working for many other customers and none of them have reported this error. So the workflow shoulnd't have any errors, unless of course you tried to manually modify it??

So let's concentrate on your settings where the problem likley lies. You mention, "Assigned Service manager profile to the receiving email id for Object IDs 207914, 207915, 207916." Can you perhaps try removing the Object ID and using an inbound email address instead? To be honest, I have never seen someone use the Object ID and would like to at least rule out whether this is causing the problem. Thanks.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

In "Assign Service Manager Profile" my current settings are without any "Object ID" and system defaults to "0" for that field after I save. I had changed the Object IDs only temporarily to 207914, 207915, 207916 to see whether that can solve the problem.

Thank you very much for your prompt replies and attention.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I have posted at the following link screenshots of all the relevant configurations and settings.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26894465@N03/?saved=1

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Deepak

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak!

We are having exactly the same issue right now.

Could you please describe detailed what was necessary to solve the problem in Workflow?

This would be great!

Thanks and regards

Gaschk

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was error in the binding of the method of the workflow, same corrected and resolved.

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Thanks for all the great screenshots.

Another thing you might want to try is to include the utility service "UT_WORKITEMTEXT" in your service manager profile BEFORE you call RE_RULE_EXEC (in addition to calling it later as well).

This utility service is responsible for the creation of the work item text of the work item representing the inbound email. This work item text follows a certain format, which is assembled by invoking the respective service and passed back to the workflow runtime.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I am still getting the same error after adding utility service "UT_WORKITEMTEXT" before service "RE_RULE_EXEC". Please note as advised by you it is being called after RE_RULE_EXEC also.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

In the workflow task

Standard Task: 207915 207914

Name: ERMS rule execution

Package: CRM_ERMS_WORKFLOW

Addl.component: CRM-IC-EMS-RUL

On clicking on the "Check" icon

I am getting this warning.

"Data may be lost in assignment between type 'SOLI-LINE' and 'SOXNA-FULLNAME'

Message no. SWF_BND_001091"

If you wish I can post the screenshots for the same.

Regards,

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Ahuja on May 23, 2008 12:30 PM

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Just to clarify then, it sounds like you modified the standard ERMS workflow? Is this the case? Because SAP advises not to touch this workflow at all. Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I don't know whether workflow was modified before but we were getting errors in the workflow. Then I compared the workflow with IDES system, I found disparity in few places and we had to modify the workflow as per IDES system. Even in IDES system I am seeing the same errors.

What is the right thing to do at this stage to fix this issue. We have an open OSS request for more than one month now. I have been trying to take help from BPM and Workflow forum at sdn but I am not able to get a hold on this.

Thank you very much for so much of your time and your personal interest. I am really grateful with this.

Regards,

Deepak

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I would revert the changes since it is strongly advised by SAP not to adjust the workflow at all, but rather to only make changes to the list of services in the Service Manager profile. Once you have reverted the changes, you should now be a good position to get ERMS working since you have covered all of the other possible areas where things could go wrong

Warm regards,

John

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I've never tried to do your purpose, but if it helps my suspicious is that maybe it's missing a 'fact gathering' service in our service manager profile.

Have you already tried to make some experiences, such as put AH_FORWARD service in bottom position (after RE_RULE_EXEC), and FG_EMAIL service in the upper position (before RE_RULE_EXEC)? It's a just a blind opinion..

If still not working, which service have you configured in your service manager profile?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

Thanks for your response. I am using Default service manager profile that is what SAP also asked me to use after we raised OSS request. I have tried playing around with various options suggested by you but it did not work. Through various debugging and logs I find that we are getting the error before even getting to the factbase. We are trying to debug once the inbound mail reaches SAPconnect but not able to do so. Any ideas how to debug this.

Regards,

Deepak

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Unfortunally, to see ERMS information of inbound emails I only know transactions SWIA and CRM_ERMS_LOGGING, but I'm almost sure you are aware of that. Until know, I had no need to explore it further.

But I've an ideia (I've never tried it), and if you had the time and a non-productive system to test it and decide to explore it, check if this make sense to you:

I think inbound emails are inserted in the system by user WF-BATCH. Normally this user is setted as communication user and we're unable to put some breakpoints in behalf of this user. So:

- Try to change it to dialog user

- Put a breakpoint in behalf of WF-BATCH user, in CL_CRM_ERMS_SERVICE_MANAGER class, in EXECUTE method (the problematic one, right)?

- Send an email to the system, and check if it stops and if you are able to continue the flow in debugging.

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to debug. I am getting error in method "EXECUTE" of CL_CRM_ERMS_SERVICE_MANAGER" class as it is not able to get any document_id after call of method set_context_entry.

Any ideas.

Thanks and regards,

Deepak