cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaign automation - no reaction to survey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a very easy periodic campaign that sends an email with a survey to a target group. For this I created an eMail-form that contains the link to the survey and added that form and the survey to my campaign element (the survey is a marketing survey). Second I added a decicision element that asks whether I answered yes or no to the first question of the survey (same version of the survey is used like in eMail form and campaign element). According to that he should send a thank you or why not mail to the responder (campaign elements with the according mail forms that pass every responder to the channel).

1. Unfortunatly no reaction is triggered for my survey answers.

2. If I open the survey link in the eMail multiple times I get the blank survey sheet again and can fill in different values (that also seem to be saved). I don't think this is the "common" behavior.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Do I need to configure something for the surveys? Are any special settings required?

Thanks for your help,

Rainer

Lots of Points will be rewarded!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check these settings as well.

In order to track responses:

1. In the mail form add tracking id ++ at the end of the URL.This tracking Id is meant to track the response of the customer.

2. Ensure that the survey has been created in the marketing application, so that the survey attributes include interface to application CRM_MKTCA_SURVEY_MKT_PBO and CRM_MKTCA_SURVEY_MKT_PAI.

This is because in the PAI module it has been hardcoded that business activity 0000 will get created.(If you wish to change the transcation type use BADI CRM_MKTCA_SVY_PAI)

Responses can also be seen in the survey suite "Evaluation Icon'"

Also in survey attributes mark the check box

Evaluation without business Information Warehouse.

3. For the activity 0000 maintain" Define Determination for Questionnaires: Business Activity"

At the database level two tables get updated based on the response.

·CRMD_MKTRU_SVY: Assignment Business Partner / Surveys

·CRMD_MKTCA_CT_IN: Table for Inbound Entry

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1. In the mail form add tracking id ++ at the end of the URL.This tracking Id is meant to track the response of the customer.

I did that.

> 2. Ensure that the survey has been created in the marketing application, so that the survey attributes include interface to application CRM_MKTCA_SURVEY_MKT_PBO and CRM_MKTCA_SURVEY_MKT_PAI.

I hadn't done that before. But I did now (I tried with my old survey, but there seems to be no difference).

> 3. For the activity 0000 maintain" Define Determination for Questionnaires: Business Activity"

I hadn't done that before either. I entered the following line now:

Determ. Description Trans. Type Item Cat.

STANDARD Standard setting 0000 ACT

The rest of the entries I have left blank.

Do I need to create a new campaign or should the changes already work for my old eMails (I think it should)?!?

Thanks 1000 times for your help,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with a new campaign.

Do reward with points

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried with a new campaign and checked in crmd_order if there is a new activity. Still it does not work. Could you help me again? What else could be going wrong?

Regards,

Rainer

P.S.: I can see the answers (but not the sender nor the campaign) in crm_survey_suite.

Edited by: Rainer Günzel on May 19, 2008 12:09 PM

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rainer

In SAP Standard when a customer answers a survey, a new activity with transaction type ‘0000’ will be created that automatically triggers the follow-up processes. In our business scenario we’re not using transaction type ‘0000’ but ‘Y004’ instead.

To make the campaign automation survey scenario running for this transaction type as well you have to change a BAdI.

The following procedure describes where and how to adapt the respective changes.

In a real customer scenario this is a very likely procedure.

Transaction Code SE18

1. SAP Menu Architecture and Technology---->ABAP Workbench -

>Utilities -

>Business Add-Ins

2. Enter the name of the respective BAdI CRM_MKTCA_SVY_PAI in the field Definition Name and choose Display first.

3. Go to tab ‘Interface’ and double-click on the default implementation class CL_DEF_IM_CRM_MKTCA_SVY_PAI.

4. Again, double-click on method IF_EX_CRM_MKTCA_SVY_PAI~PROCESS_SVY_PAI_FOR_CA and confirm the following dialog box with Yes.

5. In the following you see the example implementation for transaction type ‘0000’.

6. Now switch to change mode and search for ‘0000’ with the Find/Replace button.

7. In the following replace the line

iv_process_type = '0000' with the line

iv_process_type = 'Y004'

8. Save your settings and don’t forget to activate your coding again.

now just try to understand it

use FM 'CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN' to create and change activity, also there is a import field named 'IT_SURVEY'. Now i am batch uploading the answers of the survey in a txt file to CRM and then create the survey and attach the survey to the activity.

After check program 'CRM_SURVEY_UI' which also use 'CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN' to create activity and survey, i found SAP will convert your input to a rawstring.

then the response i can convert offline to pdf also,and then send the data to CRM too

which i can locate in my table CRMD_MKTRU_SVY

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

thanks for all your help. Actually there were two problems with our system:

1. Some of the configuration you described was missing!

2. There was a programming error and I had to download OSS-Note 1037586. In the survey link (in the mail) the url parameter mig was spelled in lower case.

Now the reaction to the survey is working fine.

Regards,

Rainer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

When a survey is answered by the customer in CRM system and activity is created with transaction Type 0000. This activity has the Questionaire attached with the response of the customer.

You need to maintain Questionaire determination setting for activity 0000. Keep the Questionaire Field blank. Secondly ur survey must be created in application Marketing.

You should also be able to see the response of the cutomer in CRM_SURVEY_SUITE, choose ur survey and click on Evaluation Icon.

First check the above settings.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

> When a survey is answered by the customer in CRM system and activity is created with transaction Type > 0000. This activity has the Questionaire attached with the response of the customer.

I guess I should be able to see that activity in crm_orderadm_h (Acutally there are no activities for today!)

> You need to maintain Questionaire determination setting for activity 0000. Keep the Questionaire Field

> blank. Secondly ur survey must be created in application Marketing.

Can you tell me where in customizing I can/ need to maintain the questionaire determination setting (Opportunity, Lead, etc?)

> You should also be able to see the response of the cutomer in CRM_SURVEY_SUITE, choose ur survey

> and click on Evaluation Icon.

Yes I can see the results there. If I answer "Yes" the first time I open the survey and "No" the second time, I see both answers (which shouldn't be).

Thanks for your help,

Rainer