I am planning to grant acces to bw reports to some portal users.
The portal users only would visualize iviews based on reports and or querys and will nbot interact with the bw backend system.
I am trying to avoid to create a user in the bw system for each portal user who need to consult the reports because of the sap license cost, but I do not have any idea how to map several portal users to one bw user?
Any idea or help will be welcome.
thanx in advance.
This is very well possible by following way:
1. Usermapping type of BW system should be : UIDPWD dont use SAPLOGONTICKET
2. Group multiple EP users into one group, and map this group to backend BW with some backend user.
3. test the connection, it should work. So any user inside this group will access BW with one mapped user at backend.
This approach works properly, as i have tested several time.
reward points if useful
You can use User mapping for this.
Create one BW system with User Management as UIPWD type.
Assign this system to BI iview.
Go to User Administartion -> Create group.
Go to system administration -> Assign system to the Group.
User Administration->Open the group->Open tab User Mapping for System Access->select system for BI -> Give username and password.
Assign group to the user.
**Points will be welcomed**
Thanx guys I think this could be the first aproach to solution.
Now, the problem is that both portal and bi systems are installed in the same server and I cannot create users directly at the portal but at the abap.
I suppose next step to solve this would be install BI and Portal in different servers???
I dont think you need to install two different servers. The approach could be like:
1)create one user XYZ in ABAP stack for usermapping.
2) Dont assign Portal roles to XYZ
2) While doing user mapping in Portal use ABAP user XYZ for all portal user.
(I am assuming that you have configured portal UME datasource for ABAP stack)