cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dangerous goods management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain Dangerous Goods Management w.r.t SAP EHS?

Thank you.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha,

I am going to tell you the basics of DGM; if u have any specific query pls let me know..

DGM is basically implemented to take care of the two things

1. Handling of Dangerous Substances

2. Transport of Dangerous Goods.

These two are Legal compliance with respect to the country. So the Dangerous Good Management component of SAP EHS will talk more of the Regulations of Dabgerous good of that country/transported country/transit country Etc..

It has got the interfac with Sales and Distribution module;

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm interested in knowing about specifics like information about various functions involved and their relationship with each other and how things happen in DGM or rather the flow chart(not sure if thats the right term to use here) in DGM.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha,

Basically this module consists the following

o DG Data maintenance

o Basic and Master Data

o DG Master

o DG Checks and Documents

In EHS UN List.Sub maintenance is created; Classification and Hazard inducers are created and clasification and creation of Real Sub and materials is done

In MM DG Master is created;

In SD DG Checks are done and DG Documents are created and printed

For more details you can find the following links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/de/5174db4c4b11d18a110000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Regards,

Keshav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujan,

DG mgmt can be used during shipping of dangerous goods to customers. sales order will do DG check with certain check parameters then it will be released for shipping if you maintain proper regulation details in the DG master. You can also print hazardous labels with verious information and symbols and ofcourse MSDS too can be printed.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Hope you are fine and doing well. Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm interested in knowing about specifics like information about various functions involved and their relationship with each other and how things happen in DGM or rather the flow chart(not sure if thats the right term to use here) in DGM.

Thanks.