cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004 vs. NW2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for the Nw2004 vs NW2004s key features and differences.

I really appreciate if you can guide/direct me to this information.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Nikee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikee,

Chk out whats new in NW04S

/people/michael.eacrett/blog/2006/06/07/whats-new-in-sap-netweaver-702004s--an-introduction-to-the-functionality-deltas-and-major-changes

Thanks

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Differnces are as follows:

1.Release of mySAP ERP 2005 suite is running on Netweaver 04s technology.

2.In Netweaver04s <b>SAP ECC core is enhanced as Switch framework</b> with that <b>Enterprise extensions and industry extenions</b> are availabe.

3.In Process Intergration stack of netwear It is XI 3.0 is enhanced with some new features like BPM , Buissness modelling.

4. Sap CAF is introduced to make business process to realize ESOA with SAPNETWEAVER.

5. In SAP ECC particulary Finance applications having New G/L Ledger and Real estate management .

These are some key differneces in application as well as technology(netweaver).

Former Member
0 Kudos

> SAP NetWeaver 2004s is not an ABAP edition. There are

> new features in almost all areas including J2EE.

I have to disagree with this. NW2004S does include alot of new items at the ABAP stack. The ABAP 7.00 application server contains a ASCS instance now; will include it's own embedded J2SE engine (called VMC) and has ABAP language extension like the Enhancement Framework.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

We have added new documents on the deltas and new features to SDN. You can find them under the SAP NetWeaver page. I have also created a intro blog on the topic (/people/michael.eacrett/blog/2006/06/07/whats-new-in-sap-netweaver-702004s--an-introduction-to-the-functionality-deltas-and-major-changes).

I hope they are useful,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

send me a mail on piyush.kumar@wipro.com and i can send u a comprehensive list

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please mark useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

can you send me the same documents to the following email id?

ravi.kottur@gmail.com

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The differenece is Visual composer & compsite app framework. here you go the link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Srinkesh,

SAP netWeaver is the technical foundation on which almost all SAP solutions are currently are based.

The key features are

1.Single point and role based access to the systems.

2.People Integration(EP&Collabaration) .

3.Information Integration(BIW,Knoledge Management).

4.process Integration(XI).

NW'04 is Java edition where as NW'04s is ABAP edition.

With regards,

SivaRamakrushna.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

On comment on the last comment from SivaRamakrushna. SAP NetWeaver 2004s is not an ABAP edition. There are new features in almost all areas including J2EE.

While there were less significant changes in SAP NetWeaver '04 to ABAP, the biggest changes in 2004s are WebDynpro for ABAP and some significant enhancements to the ABAP debugger.

One other major change is that SAP is not using SAP NetWeaver components breakdown within SAP NetWeaver anymore. The rollout and information mechanism is now IT Scenarios (it helps to know this for reading the documentation! ). We also have new installation and deployment options - Software units called Usage types, engines, and clients. It helps to know these for landscape planning.

More information is available on this blog:

.<a href="/people/michael.eacrett/blog/2006/06/17/obituary-for-sap-netweaver-components-2003-150-2005 for 'SAP NetWeaver Components' 2003 – 2005</a>

I hope this helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This link gives you the detailed description of the differences between 2004 and 2004s

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5b/8c3842bb58f83ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5b/8c3842bb58f83ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

SAP NW2004s is the mySAP Business Suite edition of SAP NW 2004.it is a minor release that delivers on specific needs of the mySAP and xapps solutions delivered by SAP in 2005. the "s" stands for "mySAP Business Suite Edition".

The next major release of NW will deliver on Business Process Platform(BPP) it will be released in 2006.

New capabilities in NW2004s

1)Developing a web based user interface with Web Dynpro fro ABAP.

2)Enhancements to enabling B2B processes

3)Enhancements to business task management

4)Enhancements to business planning

5)Enhancements to enterprise data warehousing

6)mass setup of mobile devices

7)implementing a global portal

There are all kinds of new features in the 04s Portal that are not in the 04 Portal. An example of this is multi tennant portal. Use this link to find out more.