Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch input (transaction PO05) SAP HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a batch input program by generating a program via SHDB with transaction PO05.

the goal is to create an Object E and relationsheep between this object and an object P.

Input: flat file

- i have the description of the object E in this file

- i have the ID of the object P in this file.

when i test my record directly in SHDB, it's works fine, i can create the both: object "E" and relationssheep "A/025" between this object and the object P.

but my program does not work properly:

i can create the object "E" but the relationsheep has not been created because of an error message:

the message is: "please specify on abject ID"

the object ID in the message is the object ID i have created before for the object E (ID generated by the SAP via PO05) but my program can not see this ID.

any idea?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not clear from what you are trying to tell ur problem.

May be the program is not taking(interpreting) the data in your file correctly.

Tell me How did you upload your flat file. ( I mean using what Function Module)

Use File Seperator = 'X' and Try now, May be it will work.

Regards,

Chinna

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not clear from what you are trying to tell ur problem.

May be the program is not taking(interpreting) the data in your file correctly.

Tell me How did you upload your flat file. ( I mean using what Function Module)

Use File Seperator = 'X' and Try now, May be it will work.

Regards,

Chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur reply.

my file is ok (.csv).

the probleme i have:

i am in the transaction PO05 (this transaction is ton manage the object E).

i have recorded this transaction in SHDB in order to

step 1: create the object E (create the ID in the infotype 1000 based in the description i have in the flat file): this step works fine in my batch input program, i can create the object "E"

step 2: after this creation (i remind in the same transaction), i try to create the relation "A/025" between the employee (object P: the ID of the employee is in the flat file) and the ID of object E i have creted in the step 1.

the step 1 works fine in the batch input program

the step 2 cannot be executed in the batch input program because the program needs the ID of the object E but this ID in unknown for the program even if it has been created in the step 1(this id is not in the flat file but generated during this batch input based on the description in the file)

the id of the object P is in the file.

my question is: why when i executed the record directly in shdb, all steps are ok, but when i execute my program with the flat file, only the step one is executed.

may be i cannot execute the two steps in the same transaction?

but i must keep the two steps togather in the same transaction in order to have the right relation between the right ID of "E" and the right ID of "P".

thanks

0 Kudos

Hello Abdel,

I think there is a parameter id you can use on HROBJID.

Hope it helps

Olivier