cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget in SAP Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I would like to know about Budget in SAP B1.

I have following scenario and pls. guide me how to map it.

My client have parent GL code i.e. employee cost, i have created Employee Cost as a title account and under emplyee cost they have diff. gl codes like salary, HRA, LTA, Special Allowance etc.

When they received Budget from management it is only for Employee cost, there is no bifurcation of budget for active accounts.

Pls. explain me how parent account function work in SAP Business One?

regards

kamlesh vagal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Kamlesh,

Base on my knowledge, you can determine the budget amount of a certain G/L account according to a certain percentage calculated from an existing budget amount of another G/L account. Click the Tab key to display a list of G/L accounts with budget amounts, select the required G/L account and set a required percentage in the field '%' to the right.

i.e. for G/L account 612100000-01-001-01, a budget of 5 millions was entered. 10% of this G/L account's budget is allocated to

child G/L account 612400000-01-001-01.

Please note the option of linking budget amounts to parent accounts is used for calculations only.

Due to this reason, the budget amount entered in the field Parent Acc. and divided among its child G/L accounts, is not actually deducted from the budget of the parent account. In the example above, G/L account 612100000-01-001-01 has a budget of 5 millions, and its child G/L account 612400000-01-001-01 has a budget of 500,000.

However, the budget amounts are managed separately for each G/L account.

Regards,

Eric

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

Thanx for the reply, but i do not know the exact budget % of each active account.

My Title account budget is 5 million, but i do not know the budget % of salary, HRA, LTA etc.

but whenever the total of my active account should exceed 5 million, system should give alert for exceeding budget.

How we can map this?

regards

kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh,

To manage budget in SAP Business One, please go to Administration ->System Initialization -> General Settings, and on the Budget tab page check the box Budget Initialization.

Then choose Warning u2013 in the event that the budget is exceeded, an alert will be issued, offering the user the option to confirm or cancel the transaction.

You could find the Help file (F1) for more details.

Regards,

Eric

SAP Business One Forums Team

Answers (0)