Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Error - BOBJ is undefined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: cstent

CA Forum: Crystal Reports

Hi

I recently upgraded from crystal reports 10 to 12 and am now coming accross an error when i try and deploy a crystal report viewer onto a webpage.

Im getting a javascript page error "'bobj' is undefined".

Searching on the web i can only find one other person who has come accross this error, and not posted the solution.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

0 Kudos

Hopefully this will help you,  Error BOBJ Crystal Report Solution - YouTube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports Error - BOBJ is indefinido

hola para los que no Leen inglés.

este error se dió cuando quise ejecutar el reporte en formato HTML.

las causas son estas, cuano se instala el runtime solo se instala en C:Inetpubwwwrootaspnet_clientsystem_web2_0_50727

alli dentro tiene los formularios, y el javascript para que se ejecute el reporte en html (todo el viewer).

cuando quise ejecutar el reporte tengo otra ruta que se llama c:Inetpubwwwpruebasaspnet_clientsystem_web y me marcaba el error, eso es porque los scripts no se encontraban en esa ruta.

PARA RESOLVERLO solo copiar el system web de wwwroot y pegarlo en la otra ruta. con eso solucionan el problema.

saludos desde MTY Mex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Sam Adams

We had the bobj undefined error. This thread was helpful in diagnosing the issue, but what solved it for us was copying the C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETClientFiles folder from the working development machine to the target machine. We don't use IIS on the target machine (use Ultidev) and of course, you need to install the Crystal runtime on the target as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: livez

I actually have a directory like that : C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers12, so I guess my problem differs from yours ;(

Thanks anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you should have is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web

And under this folder you should have a folder \2_0_50727. This folder was empty for me on install so i copied across the files located on my local machine in this folder. I was missing two folders on my server, \crystalreportviewers12 and \CrystalReportWebFormViewer3 and the files inside them.

I didn't have a need to create a virtual directory within my website.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, and thank you for replying. We don´t use the default-page for our website.

Exactly how is the directory-structure supposed to look like? Now we have this:C:Inetpubwwwrootourwebsitecrystalreportviewers12 and a virtual directory directly under the virtual directory for the website pointing at this directory. Is this correct? That is how I interpreted this:

http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/KanisaSupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&ext...

This does not work though :/.

/regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For some reason when Crystal Reports was installed on my server it did not complete successfully.

The folder \wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727 was empty. I fixed this by simply copying the contents of my local \wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727 folder over. This copied over all the missing javascript files that were missing previously and had been causing the issue.

Hopefully this will help you, any more questions just ask.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I also have this exact problem. Could you explain more in detail how you solved it? I can´t seem to get it to work.

/regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the advice, it worked.

For some reason the server installation hadn't copied over the aspnet_client directory completly. This was overcome by creating it as you had said.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That does sound like the issue I'm having. How exactly did you manually create the aspnet_client virtual directory, where did you create it?

Any helps appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: rsutton

I figured it out. I had to manually create the aspnet_client virtual directory in my website so that it could access the javascript files for the report viewer. I'm pretty this is similar to what you are experiencing.

--Randall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: rsutton

I'm having a similar issue. I installed the Crystal Reports 2008 runtime on my web server and when I publish my site I get a blank page with the javascript error you are describing. I have found that when the runtime is installed it creates a virtual directory called crystalreportviewers12, and it places this virtual directory in your default website. In my case I'm publishing to a different site than the default and when I do I get this error. If I publish to my default site everything seems to work. I tried creating the crystalreportviewer12 virtual directory manually, but that didn't work. I also tried creating it from a configuration file that I created based on the one that was created, but that failed as well.

I'm still working to resolve this. Perhaps this is similar to what you are experiencing.

--Randall