Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal reports crashes after w2003 sp2 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: neshon

CA Forum: .NET

Hi folks, very strange thing is happening on my application.

I have a web application on production server that is crashing when you

try to export to xls format. The application has been working for two

years and some updates needed to be done periodically. The last update

the user reported me that the xls report was crashing. After testing in

my machine (winXp with all updates) it works perfect, so I moved to my

development server(w2003) and the application works perfect, so I moved

to my staging server(w2003) and the application exports the report to

xls format works perfect. Knowing the problem just happens in production

server which is dedicated to my application, finally technical support

provides me a new server with the same hardware specifications. I format

and install my w2003, I did all the updates and install my application

in the way I did it in all my servers. Then I finally have other machine

with the same problem, the export option not working :)Finally I was

able to work around my problem. I started to look what was the

difference between my servers and I realized that the export to excel

option is not working on the machines that hasn't been upgraded to

w2003 sp2. Then, I uninstall w2003 sp2 from my machine and my

application works perfectly . Now I need to understand why crystal

report export to excel format option doesn't work with w2003 sp2. Does

anybody has any idea why is this happening? Any usefully information

that you can provided me or any link will be appreciated cause the

servers where is working my app eventually are going to be upgraded to

w2003 sp2. And technical support team doesn't want to do it if its going

to crash all applications that are running and using crystal report

export to excel option. Do you think is this an sp2, .net framework or

crystal report issue?

Thanks,

Nelson

P.S: My development environment includes winxp sp2, vs.net 2003, crystal

reports for visual studio .net

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: brengers

I have an application that this same issue has started to occur. When SP2 was installed on a windows 2003 machine. Has anyone found the reason why this is occuring?

Answers (35)

Answers (35)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have the same problem .. cannot export to excel.

Can someone please make the hot fix available.. crnet11win_en.zip?

Thank you

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Floris

Please create a new Discussion. If you are using CR SDK for .NET create it in this forum. If you are using the CR RDC SDK, create the Discussion here:

Please provide the appropriate information. See this blog for details, if need be...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: nashrik

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem as above. The Crystal Reports Hotfix won't install on my server with WINDOWS 2003 SP2. I tried to download from your ftp site the DLL ExportModeller.dll in the version 9.1.1.528. The download didn't start. We tried to install the entire patch. It says it's installing, but then it won't really update the files.

Can I have your support?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Shawn Liu

hi, quafto

I have changed the machine of my customer to be pure English lanuage Windows Server 2003 and set English lanuage as the default lanuage set for Non-Unicode program. And after installing our Product(which is developed at VS2003.net + CrystalReport 9) and update to Window 2003 SP2, we setup the hotfix pack you mentioned above.

Then, Everything is OK.

But at this moment(after we do things above), if we install Asia lanuage set in our Operating System and set Chinese as Default lanuage set for the Non-Unicode program, then the CrystalReport 9 is not very steady.

I also find if we only replace the ExportModeller.dll, the excel export also crash when it is with full data table. So we need to setup the hotfix which is only for English lanuage.

I want your help. And i want to know:

(1) when do BO release the hotfix pack(QA qualified) for Non-English lanuage environment?

(2) if we want to make the hotfix pack included in our setup program of our product, how could we do in VS2003?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, David(quafto)

My windows system is English system and Ms VS2003 is also English. But i have installed the Chinese Lanuage Char Set on my system.And Set Chinese as the main default lanuage of my operating system. Do you think this matter?

How should i do?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, David(quafto)

My windows system is English system and Ms VS2003 is also English. But i have installed the Chinese Lanuage Char Set on my system.And Set Chinese as the main default lanuage of my operating system. Do you think this matter?

How should i do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: quafto

Based on your backup folder name it looks like you have the Chinese version of our product, or Visual Studio. The fix we released was for the English version. The ExportModeller.dll should work in your case though. If you have an English system try installing the patch there and copy the file to your Chinese system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, quafto

I have download the hotfix above you mentioned(ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/CHF/crnet11win_en.zip), but it still does not replace the old dlls with the new version ones.

I've reboot the system and re-installed the fix, but the ExportModeller.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin is still the old, it's not updated. Actually, all of the dlls in this zip fix package are not updated. I tried to stop www service and installed again, but it's the same.

The backup files are there, in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\Patches\Crystal Reports .Net 1.1 Weekly Hot Fix Patch\Backup of crnet11win_chs". Why is it "crnet11win_chs", same on yours?

could you help me.

My system is Window 2003 server with sp2

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had a few notes regarding this fix lately. It appears the file in the EHF location is quite old. Please download the fix using the link below.

ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/CHF/crnet11win_en.zip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: wenhf

I have an issue about ExportModeller.dll under Vista enviroment.I've downloaded file from (ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/CS/exportmodeller/ExportModeller_9.1.1.528.zip),and overwrite the ExportModeller.dll on my development system(The file(ExportModeller.dll) version is 9.1.1.528).That is ok.

Old ExportModeller.dll(The file version is 9.2.0.559) from Japanese Merge Modules for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET 2003, Recently, we plan to release a new version of product for our customer,which contains that downloaded ExportModeller.dll(v9.1.1.528). Iwonder it's permitted or not as we have an license.If it is not allowed, howcan we get the permission to use this ExportModeller.dll(v9.1.1.528).

Thanks,

wenhf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: gaz_n

That's worked a treat!

Thanks,

Gaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fix is available here ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/EHF/crnet11win_en.zip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: gaz_n

Hi,

I am having the problem with exporting to Excel and desperately need the fix.

I have tried the link above (ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/CS/exportmodeller/ExportModeller_9.1.1.528.zip) however it appears to no longer be available.

Would it be possible to re-activate this download?

Thanks,

Gaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: soonkien

I have the same problem and with this patches it works very fine. But based on these release, found that there is a problem whereby, after exporting to excel the alignment will not corrects.

For e.g. i have 3 columns, some of the record do have 2nd column having "NULL" or "Emptied". Once exported, it resulted the value in column 3 shows on column 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: maysu

Hello,

I have the same problem, since yesterday an application developed in .NET 2003 with Crystal Reports that was working ok, now in some clients open the PDF and inmidiately close the window, it happens with different versions of Adobe Reader.

It is on a shared host, I've told them to have a look at this issue.

I don't know what can be, any idea ?

Thanks in advance, Susana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Argan

As far as I know that issue was for .NET 2003 only.

Make sure that the IIS_WPG has full control to the disk location that you are trying to export to as well as the temp directory being used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: dhopp

I am experiencing a similiar problem with exporting to PDF. I have the application and reports on a dev server running w2003 and sp1 where I have no problems and a test server running w2003 sp2 where none of my parameterized reports work. Does anyone know if this problem exists for exporting to PDF as well? I use the exporttodisk function.

I have spent 2 days trying to solve this problem with no solutions yet!!!

Thanks,

Dia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: alho

This really helps! Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have published the exportmodeller.dll file to our temporary FTP server for you. Download the file and overwrite the file on your web server. The file version is 9.1.1.528.

ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/CS/exportmodeller/ExportModeller_9.1.1.528.zip

I hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I get a copy of the dll, ExportModeller.dll v9.1.1.528 (have tried using the crnet11win_en.zip and am not retrieving/installing the dll version needed: get v9.1.1.527 instead)?

Am also experiencing the problem where the application crashes when the app now uses the Crystal Report .NET (9.1.5000) export functionality. The problem has only surfaced since installing the Windows 2003 SP2 which I cannot uninstall due to gov't restrictions (DoD/DoN web site).

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

if your dll is not updating, the chances are it is un use. you can try applying the crnet11win_en.zip patch after a reboot and before loading any CR components into memory. If your application is running as a service, stop the service. This should allow the dll to get updated.

the location of the file with the updated version is:

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan:

1. Thanks for the prompt reply. Have downloaded the file, have installed on a worksta, and have noted the updated ExportModeller.dll, v9.1.1.528.

2. Will install tonight on W2K3 SP2 production machine in question. Others are either not impacted becuase they're W2K platforms or they've not employed the Crystal Reports export to Excel functionality.

R, BTZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Argan: Reboot the machine and reinstall the hotfix. It should be updating the file. You are using VS.NET 2003 correct?

Argan,

Yes, vs.net 2003. I did everything I could... reboot and reinstall and reboot again, still cannot get it. The backup files are there, in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\Patches\Crystal Reports .Net 1.1 Weekly Hot Fix Patch\Backup of crnet11win_chs". Why is it "crnet11win_chs", same on yours?

quafto,

I do it on my development system. The problem is that the file is not new, its "Date Modified" is still 6/7/2002 11:32PM, versioned 9.1.1.527.

Former Member
0 Kudos

alho:I've downloaded the file and installed, but the ExportModeller.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin is still the old, it's not updated. I tried to stop www service and installed again, but it's the same. What could be wrong? Anyone has got the new version of the file?

Copy the file from your development system and overwrite the ExportModeller.dll on your production system. That is how I applied the fix on my testing systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reboot the machine and reinstall the hotfix.

It should be updating the file. You are using VS.NET 2003 correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've downloaded the file and installed, but the ExportModeller.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin is still the old, it's not updated. I tried to stop www service and installed again, but it's the same. What could be wrong? Anyone has got the new version of the file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our product team has recently released a patch for the export to Excel issue you reported. You can download the patch from our FTP site here, ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/CHF/crnet11win_en.zip. I recommend that you install this on your development system then copy the patched file, ExportModeller.dll, to your production system.

- You can find the ExportModeller.dll in your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin directory - You will copy the ExportModeller.dll to the same directory on your production system - You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect but resetting IIS should suffice

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been patched.

Just run the hotfix and select the ExportModeller.dll.

Once you patch in on your dev box, copy the dll and overwrite the old one on the deployed machines.

Make sure you back up the old file, etc etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can, just get Crystal Report 10 Developer or Advanced and install it on your VS.NET 2002 machine.

It will integrate with your IDE and you will then use the 10 runtimes.

You have to make sure to verify that all your current projects references are updated, web.config is updated, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Predalpha

can i upgrade to CR10 with VS2002 ?

If i can , somebody knows where i could find the procedures ?

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can upgrade to CR10 or above, the issues does not seem to happen with those versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Predalpha

any other suggestions ?