15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2009 3:34 PM by Ludek Uher RSS

Crystal Report 11 with VB6

Currently Being Moderated

Post Author: Herman

CA Forum: Other

Hi All,

I had encounterd issues when deploying CR11 (Developer Edition) with VB6. It's fine when development but failed on deployment.1. Run-time error '429' : ActiveX Component can't create object2. Run-time error '-2147206429 (80043ae3)' : Invalid TLV Record.

My questions are;1. How to solve the errors2. How to create Runtime file for CR11 which integrated with VB6.

Any helps will appreciate.

• Re: Crystal Report 11 with VB6

Post Author: MartinWalke

Hi Herman,

I'm also looking for the same info about runtime file requirements in VB6. Apparently there's a 'merge' module http://support.businessobjects.com/...rge_modules.asp but that's only any good if you're using MSI. If you have Wise or one of other installers you need just the list of files and any registry keys.

I'm still looking ...

Martin

Post Author: holycrip

I know it doesn't help you, but maybe someone in the know will get back to us if they know there are several people looking for this solution.I have an app written in VB6 that makes use of the Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Run Time Library 11.0 (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\bin\craxdrt.dll). This is the only Crystal library I include in the VB6 development environment.1. What other DLLs, OCXs, etc. are needed for me to deploy this application?2. Is this (are these additional) file(s) runtime royalty-free or do I need to get a license to distribute them?THANK YOU!

Post Author: AWI

Hi,take a look at whitepaper "cr_rdc9_connectionproperties.pdf".And like MartinWalke posts: You have to install the mergemodules, therefor use wise-installer or installshield or the orca tool. If you only want to view reports you just have to bind the "Embeddable Crystal Reports Designer Control Libary 11.0" to your VB6-project. Otherwise you want to view and DESIGN reports you have to customize the mergemodules with your activation number and bind secondary "Crystal Reports Active Designer Design and Runtime Libary 11.0"

Post Author: DanPaje

Hi guys,

I've faced the same difficulty just recently and was able to deploy my application to another machine. Heaps of DLLs needs to be added in the Package Deployment wizard in VB6.

Let me know if you are still interested with this subject matter I'll try to send over the list of DLLs.

Cheers.

DanPaje

Post Author: Petera

Hi Dan,  I am having the same problems as most of the other posts on this thread.  Version 8.5 we have working, but version XI 2 has given the TLV errors and I am getting 429 Errors ATM. I have changed craxdrt.dll and CRViewer.dll and have a numebr of other files installed but it still won't run.

A copy of your list of files would be very useful.

Regards Pete    peteraATmclernonsDOTcom (replace the uppercase)

Post Author: DanPaje

Hi Pete

I've sent you the list already. I am a bit busy though that's why it is only now I sent it.

DanPaje

Post Author: labyerly

DanI am also trying to come up with what is needed to install crystal 11 without the merge modules.  I would really appreciate a copy of your list also. Thanks in advance. LA Byerly 

Post Author: ms_bhandari

Hi Dan,

I'm also having the same problem, could you please send me the list of required dlls to be distributated.

Thanks.

Madhu

Post Author: wahsi

Hi DanPaje,

Im also having issues and can use the list of DLLs.

Thanks

Post Author: Argan

BO does not release the list of dlls and registry settings required due to the fact that the only supported method of deploying VB6 with XI is by use of merge modules.  I have never seen any such list and do not know if one even exists.

If you can get a manual deployment working thats fine, but any issues you run will not be supported by Business Objects.

Post Author: ChrisJX

Harsh response...

Post Author: Ted Ueda

Well, from personal experience, I'd have to say trying to work with a fragmented dll deployment can lead to all sorts of pain - orphaned dlls, incompatible versions, problems in rolling back or upgrading, or moving to a new version. 

Then you throw in multiple installations of different versions and products with dlls shared and in common, and you mind as well wipe clean and do-over if something mis-installs.

Using the merge modules takes away a lot of the pain - the price to pay for completeness and consistency is that you end up with more dlls than you'd use.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Post Author: sachi

Dan

I am also trying to come up with what is needed to install crystal 11 without the merge modules.  I would really appreciate a copy of your list also.

Thanks in advance.

miguel areanas

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!    i am loosing hair. Making older, and becoming and old grumpy here.

I know the post is old and the subject is being "touched" on several threats, but even i have tried a lot of things and still have the same problem.

I am using VB6 CR 11.5 and on development "mode" works great the problem is on the deployment

What have i done:

1. Compile the VB6 project using CrViewer

2. Generate VB6 EXE

3. Download crxir2sp3_rdc_merge_modules

4. Install "InstEd" (aplication that helps to manipualte MSM files).

5. Open Merge Module .... "CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm"

6. Place the "Property"-"PIDKEY" value (I place my KEY). and SAVE

7. With help of the "Microsoft Development Enviornment" i  add all the MSM files on crxir2sp3_rdc_merge_modules

and then compiled and created a MSI file.

8. RUN to Install the MSI file.

9. Enjoy a BIG headacake cause is appears the error "Active x Component cant create object".

Please some help for this ignorant and deseparte "programmer".

Actions