cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Use the Viewer WITHOUT Saved Data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: hutchinsond@wmh.org

CA Forum: Other

Hi -

I am using Crystal Reports Developer XI and Crystal Reports Viewer XI. I create a report in the Developer that executes a stored procedure on a monthly basis and the report should reflect the new data. I want the users to be able to view and/or print that report from the Viewer. However if I try to open the report in the viewer I get an error stating No Saved Data - this report file does not contain saved data and cannot be viewed. If I have to open the report in the Developer and refresh the report and save it with data each time the stored procedure runs, then the Viewer is worthless. I must be missing something? Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Ted Ueda

CA Forum: Other

Hello,The Crystal Reports Viewer XI contains no database connectivity components - the viewer is purely a viewer, and does not refresh reports.Its intended use is to allow report rpt files with saved data (either by refreshing in the Designer or scheduling on BusinessObjects Enterprise) to be sent to clients, and have the client be able to view the report without having the database connectivity to refresh the document themselves. Sincerely,Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

the viewer used to do that.  what can I use that WILL refresh the data?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Attaching your self to a 6 year old post(?). A post in the Legacy SDK forum?

It may be better if you create a new post in the correct forum. If you are not sure what forum, check the description in the Overview of each one.

BTW., the viewer still does it, you just need to let us know what SDK. If it is legacy, ceate a new post here. If it is dot net:

If it is Java:

If it is BI Java:

If it is Bi .NET:

And if it is RESTful services:

And please do add as much info as possible to your new post.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Answers (0)