Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV GRID: Show info-text or quicktext dynamically for specific cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm trying to display info-text or quicktext for a specific cell by using event or method-event .

The method-event will decide the content to display regarding the line retourned.

Jacques

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jacques,

I don't think you have straight forward of doing this. The field catalog has to be modified to do the same. Have you identified a event that you can use which will fire upon movement on to a cell. I am not aware of such a event.

If yes, then you can change the field catalog and do refresh the table display.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the posts that help you.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are Doing ALV grid Using OO then It will come automatically for the header , not for the cells...

If you come across any method/event please let me know..

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the value of the cell concatenate \Q and then the Info text. For example, in the case of an icon Concatenate '@08\Q' Test' '@'. This will give 'Test' as the info text for that particular cell.

0 Kudos

maestro!!!! very nice

m.

0 Kudos

Hello Kavitha,

I was searching for the Info-text option for ALV and found this thread and your reply. I tried your option of \Q but couldnt make it to work. Can you please give an example where there is a decimal value in the cell and I want to display some text as the mouse goes on that cell column - the text is different from the cell name that is displayed in the output.

Thank you very much for the help,

Regards,

Shipra