Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot display Chinese font when export to pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Leslie

CA Forum: Exporting

Hi,

There is big problem in Chinese display when export to pdf, the output pdf,I can see only boxes instead of normal Chinese words.

But it's good to export to MSWord,Excel and Text format.

What does it happen?

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: cpcchang

Hi all,

I am very happy that i can find someone has same problem as me. However, i already tried the fonts "Arial Unicode MS (Chinese_BIG5)", "細明體(Chinese_BIG5)", export to pdf still can't show those chinese character. Before i used AcrobatReader7.0, then I just installed 8.0, but it still can't help. Could you all experts help????

Thanks a lot!!!

B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I'd found the cause.

Wrong font settings of fields in rpt file will cause the problem to happen.

After I changed all the fonts' type to Chinese in rpt designer, the exporting pdf is ok.

But I don't understand why it's ok when exporting to M$-files except for the PDFs thouth they are with the same rpt and same fonts' settings.

Note that I use it in VS2005 and the original rpt file was generated with Crystal Report 8.5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks,

The fact is I've the newest version (7.0.5) of Acrobat Reader and all its updates installed.

And it is very perfectly to display Chinese as it used to be, except for the PDFs exported by BO.

-Leslie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: sleahcim

Hi Leslie,

Just a guess... but does Acrobat (or whatever PDF viewer you may use) require a download of an Asian language pack?

-Michael