cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP runtime error ( MEMORY_NO_MORE_PAGING - Paging Area Dump)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my end user getting the below dump while running the transaction code (<b>S_ALR_87015071 - Project Info System:Confirmation Ov.)</b>.

Here I am providing brief about the dump...

<b>ABAP_runtime_errors :MEMORY_NO_MORE_PAGING</b>

<b>Short Description : SAP Paging overflow when storing data in the ABAP/4 memory.</b>

<i><u>What Happened ?</u></i>

<b>The Current Program requested storage space from the SAP paging area, but this request could not be fulfilled of this are in the SAP system profile..</b>

We asked the basis team to increase the paging area and they did it, but our problem not yet solved...

Is any one having idea about this...

Please advise us...

Regards,

Thiru....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru!

What is the used memory? If it's already >= 0,5GB, then the reasonable boarder is reached.

There might be a programming error (select for all entries with empty selection table) - but maybe your report just can't handle such a big selection. Then changed program / changed selection (in several steps) might be the solution.

Regard,

Christian

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

mallikarjun_vaja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my end user getting the below dump while running the report ZAROP028(This report program provides a listing of open projects

• (i.e. carrying unsettled balances) which have remained

• inactive(i.e. have not been posted to ) in a defined

• number of days.)

Here I am providing brief about the dump...

ABAP_runtime_errors :MEMORY_NO_MORE_PAGING

Short Description : SAP Paging overflow when storing data in the ABAP/4 memory.

What Happened ?

The Current Program requested storage space from the SAP paging area, but this request could not be fulfilled of this are in the SAP system profile..

We asked the basis team to increase the paging area and they did it, but our problem not yet solved...

Is any one having idea about this...

Please advise us...

Regards,

ARJUN...

Jarmo_Tuominen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru,

With Google I found 121 hits with "MEMORY_NO_MORE_PAGING". Have you investigated these already?

Regards,

Jarmo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Memory paging depends on the SAP version UR

currently using. From 4.6 onwards memory for paging

is 2GB . It can be upgraded upto 4 GB but system

may behave abnormally. So the only solution for

such problems is to follow as said by Christian and

Rich.

Regards,

GSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at OSS note 700875.

The note addresses this problem in this program.

Rob

Message was edited by: Rob Burbank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can go ahead and try to improve the performance of your program by applying proper checks. For this goto program->check->code inspector, EPC etc etc or else you can goto TCODE: ST05.

Still the same problem try to use the internal tables with PACKET SIZE concept.

Regards,

Suman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You need to analyze the program. If there are a lot of internal tables or a couple internal tables with a lot of data, then see if the data is still needed. If not, free up the memory.

clear itab. refresh itab. free itab.

We had a program doing the same thing. It was getting large amounts of data into 4 internal tables, then aggregating the data into other internal tables and never freeing up the others. I add code like the statement above for the 4 internal tables, and problem solved.

Regards,

Rich Heilman