cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning SAP CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am having around 5 yrs experience in IT(Mech CAD-2yrs,SAP xMII-almost 2 years).I am interested to learn CRM functional,since i want to shift to functional side from technical side.Is this feasible option for me?

Thanks

Veeresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi buddy

u wont have raised this question if u have seen many of the guys who are not even from the technical background u r and doing pretty well out there as functional guys

imagine an enviromnmental engineer doing the same,yes its true

so leave ur qualms aside ,just go on and move ite never too late

you will do very well since u r verse with the product ,so its just a matter of practice and some effort in going through the concepts

read base fundamentals and SAP best practice guides,they will give u much confidence

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Naveen,Deepak and Ashish

I am planning to join some course in CRM.Please let me know any good institutes in Bangalore.

Thanks

Veeresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

veeresh,

To do certification the best are always sap labs & siemens apart from these two i would not recommend you to any other institutes,even i they give you jazz about Sap crm they are fake & money minting organisations who promise that you will get trained by real timers,but real timers would not be having time to do their own work how will he spend time training any one.

The best idea is to follow the standard material thats in help.sap.com

Regards

Naveen

Reward points if helps

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Entering in this may not be that easy. You have to plan properly and take proper course on this and do certification. After this you have to find a suitable project wherein you can get hands-on experience. However, I have heard that entering in SAP CRM in India is much easier as compared to US or other countries.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Veeresh

the technology you are working is completely diffrent from this

you might be working on Engineering design like Hypermesh, Ansa etc.. which is complete engineering design, but if u want to convert as CRM Functional You must have good knowledge on Business Process Entire how a organization runs and how Sales and Service and marketing domains works? CRM is A Automation of Business Process of a Organization for ex if you take Any Pharma industry or any thing they implement CRM for their only for marketing or for sales or for service you must have both domain knowledge off business process like how service scenarios works or marketing or Sales later how to map these scenarios on System for this you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For that u need to understand wat is the difference between functional and technical as per ur thread u r having only technical experience,

for functional u need some experience in functional side like marketing experience as domain because in functional side u need to understand the present scenarios and process which they are going now and wat sap is providing and how to satisfy the client and also u need to give some suggestions to them also accroding to sap,

so it is better to study the scenarios in fuctional side before entering into the functional side.

reward if helps

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manohar for quick reply..

Furthur to SAP CRM learning .i understand lot of reading and understanding is required for domain.Please let me know what are the sites which gives clear idea about this domain.

Also please let me know any good institute in Bangalore for CRM other than siemens.

Thanks

Veeresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

veeresh,

Entrering this field is easy if you can analyse & practice,here are few links to understand the basic ideas & concepts

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/1a/023d63b8387c4a8dfea6592f3a23a7/frameset.htm

http://www.sap.com/solutions/business-suite/crm/index.epx

http://help.sap.com/bp_crmv250/CRM_DE/BBLibrary/html/BBlibrary.htm

You can also checkout : http://www.crm2day.com/

Regards

Naveen

Reward points if helpful.