cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error running Business Objects 6.x on Windows Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting error while running Business Object 6.1a on Windows Vista.

Getting following error-

Compile error in Hidden module: ModuleUtilitaire

Let me know if any one is have any experience with this error.

Regards,

Fábio Nicácio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

You can try the following to resolve the issue.

By changing the "Installed" key value from 1 to 0 in registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 6.0\default\BusinessObjects\BusObj General Preferences\busobj\Options\Addin\WebConnect

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also getting this error (Compile error on hidden module: ModuleUtilitaire).

I have just installed Windows Vista SP1 (clean install) and installed Business Objects 6.5.1.

The installation appeared to go smoothly and the error occurs after trying to login.

I seem to be able to continue and run reports ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

According to the supported platform guide for BO6.5 windows vista is not supported with BO6.5 for your reference please visit the following link.

http://support.businessobjects.com/documentation/supported_platforms/e6/enterprise/65_sp1/Operating_...

However following workflow might help to install windows vista on BO6.5 and to run the reports also but I am not sure.

Could you please review the information and test the solution.

If you split install of all client tools except the Designer and do a 2nd pass of the

Designer you might not receive any errors at all during install.

Only difference really is that you are doing 2 partial client installs versus 1 full one.

Detailed guide about how to go about it (best practice):

The workaround to install only deski on Vista is:

1. Install Desktop Intelligence from Custom Install

2. Install Designer from setup/edit option

If the above mentioned solution didnu2019t work could you please try the silent installation then.

Beside this take care of the following points also.

1.) Can you turn off any antivirus or any firewall when you try to install.

2.) Make sure the version of the Windows Vista is 32-bit

Right Click on "My Computer" --> Advanced Tab --> Environment Variables

In the System tab Window, confirmed the "PROCESSOR_ARCHITECHTURE" parameter which is x86

ie; 32 bit processor.

3.) Ensure that previously on the same machine any version of BO was no installed.

5.) While installing BO on windows vista machine you need to use local system

administrator account.

6.) Could you please test the following workflow

- Right Click Deski icon

- Select "Run As Administrator" option.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm honestly not sure how common is this setup and anyone else encountering this problem. 6.1a is pretty old, and many users were able to upgrade to 6.5.

Was this installation of Vista an upgrade? or a fresh install? If it was an upgrade, was 6.1a installed before Vista? The problem is likely either a registry issue, or incompatible libraries. If registry, you can try de-installing, backing up then cleaning up the registry, and then re-installing. If it's an incompatibility, try installing XP on a Virtual machine and running it from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Is there any reason to perform such installation? Even if you manage to install 6.1 on Windows Vista successfully and make it work, it won't be supported by Customer Assurance. Unless you are just testing, you need to stick to our recommended supported plateforms.

Jeff