cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Report Error in Crystal Report with VB.net 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am using crystal Report in vb.net 2005 . After generating 134 reports it gives the message Load Report Failed

Could anyone help me on the same.

Also it gives me error if I use reportdocument.close or report.dispose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

same me

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you try to debug your code? is your path is correct? may i see your code..maybe i can fix it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p>

I have the same issue, but with VS 2008. Actually, this method has worked for 3 year in .NET 1.1, but not since.

</p>

<p>

Here's my error:<br />

Load report failed. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Access is denied. at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

</p>

<p>

I've have tried making a sample blank report and even it won't load. Set permissions on the file and folder to allow everyone, IIS anonymous users, identity impersonated users, etc. At first I thought my database permissions were changed or messed up, but they are correct. I have an old server running my original code and it still access and runs these same reports, but from .NET 1.1

</p>

<p>

Report files were made with CR10 SP5<br />

<br />

.NET 3.5 Code Sample: (what matters)

</p>

<p>

'strRptPath is passed from a database lookup, this 'works fine<br />

Dim rpt As CrystalReportSource = New CrystalReportSource

</p>

<p>

Try<br />

rpt.ReportDocument.Load(strRptPath)<br />

....snip <br />

Catch ex As Exception<br />

lblpath.Text = ex.Message.ToString & vbNewLine & ex.InnerException.ToString<br />

Exit Sub<br />

End Try

</p>

<p>

Nothing complicated for a blank report as you can see, although the actual reports are much more involved. Seems very strange to get this error. Perhaps I need to re-save these report template files with a newer version of Crystal Reports? I'll try anything at this point.

</p>

<p>

<br />

<br />

</p>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got the same problem.

Source: System.Exception: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified. at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at ActiveAdvice.Web.ShowReport.ShowReportAsPDF() in C:\Development\Source\Release 10.0.1 icm Branch\ACTIVEADVICEWEB\ShowReport.aspx.cs:line 614

at ActiveAdvice.Web.ShowReport.OnInit(EventArgs e) in C:\Development\Source\Release 10.0.1 icm Branch\ACTIVEADVICEWEB\ShowReport.aspx.cs:line 59

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

The report path is correct and the report is available in that location.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok people. Be careful in jumping on the same band wagon. While the error may be the same, the underlying issues may not be the same, particularly if one is using the Crystal Reports SDK another is using the RAS SDK, one is using CR 10 and another is using CR 2008. Essentially you are saying our cars will not start so it all must be the same reason. Well, for Joe, it's a dead battery. Does it mean that all of you have a dead battery?

OK, enough of this rant. Donna I'd like you to give me more details:

1) Version of Crystal Reports / BOE used

2) Version of .NET used

3) Is this happening on your development computer, or after you deploy your app?

4) Are you getting the error immediately - trying to run the 1st report, or after running a number of reports?

5) How are you handling your report objects that you do not need? E.g.; are you using .close and .dispose?

6) Have you searched this forum and the .NET Enterprise forum () for a possible solution? E.g.; this is a frequent error due to many different reasons. And there are many possible solutions noted in these forums.

Ludek