cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create Crystal reports dynamically at runtime in vb.net?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

I want to create crystal reports dynamically, I don't know the columns i will take it from database at runtime, im getting all data into one dataset and im convrting dataset into xml schama, then im using that xml schama in crystal reports,there i drag n drop all fields in xml schama to crystal report, up to here its working fine, but when ever i changed fields in database i have to change in crystal report also

Is there any way to update crystal report dynamically.....?(it shoulld display newly added columns in database also, Is it possible????)

Thanks,

Aswath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to use the RAS SDK to do this.

Check out the RAS samples on diamond

http://diamond.businessobjects.com/samples/84/1194/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Replay,

I don't know about RAS SDK, Any other way to do this plz..............

thanks,

Aswath.

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is pretty much the only way to create reports dynamically at runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai thanks for replay,

Is it possible to create dynamic crystal reports using vb.net2.0?

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same answer, the only way to create dynamic reports at runtime (ie via code) is using the RAS API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I have a doubt, im using vb.net2.0 i must buy the RAS software or it will available for free on internet or no need to buy....?

Thanks,

Aswath.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To use the inproc RAS SDK with CR.NET, you'd have to purchase either (1) Crystal Reports XI Release 2 Developer edition, and apply Service Pack 2 or above, or (2) Crystal Reports 2008 (not Crystal Reports Basic that comes with Visual Studio 2008).

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda