cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing a license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi group,

on our SBO installation we have buy 3 license. From license manager I can see that for "Professional User" we have 3 license. When I check all user ... I can see only 2 license. One license is missing ... I know that in the past a user with license may be deleted ... where can I find missing license ?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allessandro,

You have 2 licenses left, You use one license yourself.

Ad

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I'm "manager" user and there is "user1" ... last license where is it ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Perhaps this is what happens. If you create a user, and then asign a licence to him. If you delete the user, the licence is still binded to him, and there isn´t any way to see it.

I don´t remember the way to clear the licences, but can be done. If nobody answers untill monday, i will.

Regards,

Ibai Peñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. If no one post the solution I wait yours.

Thank you.

Regards.

AlexGrebennikov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alessandro, hi!

it's very simple to fix your problem.

by default the location of assotiated licenses to users is C:\Program Files\SAP Manage\SAP Business One ServerTools\SBOLicense\SBOUpf.xml, here you can find all the settings for users of the License Admin form..

All you need is to close all SBO sessions, stop the License Manager service via Service Manager, delete SBOUpf.xml, then start license service, log on the SBO, recreate the licenses association again.

Re Ibai: what is your solution? we need to know all the tricks!

HTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly that one Alexey. Couldn´t remember the file directory and name.

10 points for you.

This should do the trick. If not, the licence file hasn´t 3 profesional licences.

PD: Alexey I´ll wrote you ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you ... now it's OK!

... but when I log-in into all company I see this error message about license ... could you help me ?

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3527/test27mf.gif

Regards.

AlexGrebennikov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

everybody see it.

more info at http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000654469&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000183&_A...; -> User Updates Available Now (SMP access required)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm end-customer ... when I login with my S-user I'can't see any document. What is the poroblem ?

Thank you.

AlexGrebennikov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alessandro, here is some statements from that topic:

<i>"On December 17, 2005, all users of SAP Business One 2004 and SAP Business One 2005 will receive an automatic system message indicating that their SAP compatibility license (for add-ons) expires in 30 days, on January 17, 2006. This message does not affect the SAP Business One functionality in any way. Users can click "ok" and continue working.

We kindly ask all SAP Business One ISVs and resellers to contact their customers as soon as possible, before December 17, 2005, to offer them assistance in downloading and installing a new license file. By doing so the add-on will continue to function without interruption.

...."</i>

So, you should call your ISV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>So, you should call your ISV

How many day is available this comunication ?

I'm SBO newbie, Will be this message each year ?

Thank you for attention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will be shown untill January the 17th. If your ISV doesn´t change the licence, the AddOn will stop working.

Regards,

Ibai Peñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I'm not mistaken, this "cut-off" date has been posponed by another year. All licenses has to be updated on all client sites, but the same will happen on 17 January 2007.

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that is only true for new customers. Customers with old AddOns will have untill 17 January 2006.

Regards,

Ibai Peñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibai,

Herewith an extract that I received from SAP

<i>Deadline Extended: More Time to Update Add-Ons With SAP Licensing Mechanism

As previously communicated, the deadline for SAP Business One partners to update their add-on solutions using the SAP licensing mechanism is January 16, 2006. However, many of you told us that you would appreciate having more time meet this requirement. Therefore, we have extended the deadline to January 16, 2007, giving all partners ample time to make this update.

Please note that users of partner-developed add-ons that have not been updated with the SAP licensing mechanism should update their system with a new license file some time before January 17, 2006. If they do not do so, their add-on will no longer function after that date.</i>

Hope it helps,

Adele