cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid double login in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, my client is looking for a way to avoid a user to open two session in the Portal, so I have to remake the login page (i'm using NW04 so it possible). There's any UME flag which tell my if the user already has an open session? and Do you have any documentation regarding how to make a login page?

Thanks (points available).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the log on

In the IPortalComponentRequest object

use the methods

if (IPortalComponentRequest requestobject.getUser().isAuthenticated())

{

//redriect to page that inform the user is already log on

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect, so easy, I don't know why I couldn't find the method in the javadoc. Regarding the other question

"Do you have any documentation regarding how to make a login page?"

Do you have any link or something like that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generaly this is the procedure in order to modify the log on page:

Make a copy of com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak and rename it. In this example, it is renamed to my.new.logon.par.

Move my.new.logon.par to a location outside of the <SAPJ2EEngine-deployment-dir>.

Extract the files from my.new.logon.par preserving the directory structure.

Modify files in the extracted PAR file.

Put the modified files back into my.new.logon.par.

Copy my.new.logon.par back to <SAPJ2Eengine-deployment-dir>\cluster\server\services\servlet_jsp\work\jspTemp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd.

Rename the file <SAPJ2Eengine-deployment-dir>\cluster\server\ume\authschemes.xml.bak to authschemes.xml.

In authschemes.xml, replace all occurrences of the string "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon" with "my.new.logon" in the tags <frontendtarget> and save the file.

Restart the portal.

Take a look at this link as well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/23/c0e240beb0702ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Good luck )

Regards

Rasmus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, ver useful information, I'll take a look at it and try to understand how the pages work.

In the first case ( to check the authenticaded user) isn't it obvius that if request.getUser() has an object it is already authenticaded and .isAuthenticated() will always be true??

Regards. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for the samething how to restrict multiple sessions for a userid? If you got the solution for this please post it. It will be very helpful for others also.

Thanks,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok, unfourtunaly we decide not develop this part in the project, because it is very difficult to make this functionality work, basically because HTTP is a stateless protocol, so you really can loose control. But what I saw is that it is necesary to change the logon package to ask for the user session, and see if he is already logged. You will have to look also for the DSM Terminator which is related with the end of sessions, and when the user close the browser, you don't want any session to get stocked.

Regards.