Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting multiple GRC environments (DEV/QA) on same physical server

anand_ogirala
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am at a client with global SAP instances running. We are checking the option of using one physical server to host two GRC Access Control 5.3 environments one for DEV and one for QA Can somebody please share the information on the feasisbility (using two different ports to access etc.,)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by: Anand Ogirala on Jun 11, 2008 3:18 PM

8 REPLIES 8

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You can go ahead with the installation of 2 servers for access controls separately if at all you want.There should not be any problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Faisal

0 Kudos

Faisal,

Thank you so much. It was a big relief. Can you please list out any high level instructions on how we can accomplish this set up?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Anand,

As you said, you are searching for the feasability of installing GRC Access Controls on one physical server and then connecting it to DEV and QA, It is ofcourse possible (as I said to you earlier). However, it is recommended by SAP that you should have a separate physical server for your DEV system. I suggest you to go ahead with GRC DEV server if possible.

For further info, kindly follow the following documents. If you have any queries pls have them posted here:

-

Link:[https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000691285&]

-

Regards,

Faisal

0 Kudos

Faisal,

That was not the case I a looking for. What I am looking for is having two GRC Access control web applications running on the same box.

0 Kudos

Anand-

Yes, you can have two AC Components installed on one server. We have 4 AC components each in 4 boxes, for S, D, Q and P.

If you are talking about having two of the same component on one box, that can be done also. You just have to assign a different port to each of those apps...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

How the DB works in same machine for two differnet instance?

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is really going to be a bad practice and the systems performance has to be sacrificed.

anand_ogirala
Explorer
0 Kudos

This request is outdated. Closing the question