cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install WebAS 640 Java system on IBM iSeries OS/400 V5R3 DB2 UDB.

The installation stops when it is trying to start J2EE engine. I get the following error in dev_jcontrol in the work directory:

ERROR => JStartupIGetJDKInfo: Cannot find Java class file [./JdkDetection_464.class]

I also find the following error in dev_jcmon file

ERROR => Can't attach to administration shared memory (rc=3) [jcmonxx_mt.c 219]

I dont have a std_bootstrap.out file in my work directory. I understand that system is not able to generate a class file from the JdkDetection_1058.java file. JAVA_HOME looks good. I have also applied the note 0000717376 (Recommended VM Settings for the iSeries (OS/400) VM) to set the Maxheap size for server and dispatcher.

Request to help me solve my problem.

Thanks,

Krishna Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try the suggestion provided by <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/12/bb0a412a06f023e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">this</a> piece of documentation.

Hope that helps!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

We didn't try updating the frame work, the service account user was the source of our problems, there was something wrong with the permission of this user.

Regards,

Jasper

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jasper,

Krishna's original problem is on IBM iSeries , not on Windows the way you have.

So what you were facing could be a windows specific problem.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Check the following SAP Note, it probably refers to your problem.

Note 814210 - JDK detection for IBM JDK fails in the Startup Framework

The above note asks u to update the Jstartup framework using the following note:

Note 710914 - Upgrading the J2EE Engine Startup Framework

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

We had the same problem and after a lot of loooking and checking all the VM parameters and versions. We tried starting the windows instance service under the system account. This seems to be working for us now, so we know we have to dig a bit deeper into the permissions of teh SAPServiceXX account.

This is what we are doing right now,

Jasper