cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One and Crystal Reports

Former Member

Please use this thread to ask questions about utilising Crystal Reports and SAP Business One.

I will endeavour to answer your questions as soon as I can.

If you are a partner, dont forget to view the [enablement content|https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000172952008E/] on the Channel Partner Portal.

Edited by: Richard Duffy on Jun 17, 2008 10:57 PM

annemcurle
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have a query in relation to BI Next Generation Launchpad and Crystal Reports. The Crystal report designed has an embedded signature. When I run the report through Crystal reports the signature displays, and when I export to pdf the signature displays. As soon as I load the Report to the BI Next Generation launchpad and run the report, the signature appears as an icon and on export the signature is blank.

Any suggestions on how to fix this please

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi.

Can you provide some Examples or a Start Guide or a Tutorial?!

Thanks.

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can find help files and elearning links on the landing page [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/807d22cb-cb1d-2b10-8794-fb76d7feca88 [original link is broken]]

Edited by: Richard Duffy on Jun 18, 2008 9:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

C'mon! Not even a visualizer integrated in Business One?!?!

Do you really have to launch the visualizer in a .NET form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it work with Crystal Reports 11?

Myran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Myran,

It does.Crystal versions 2008 and below.

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

If there are specific enhancements you would like to see please let us know and feel free to contribute to the project as well.

This is a code sample so it is open for anyone to add to or adapt.

Cheers

Richard Duffy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

We are using SAP B1 2005 B. Will this add-on works with 2005 B?

or with 2007 onwards?

Regards,

Ashish

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It will work with 2005B and 2007B

Cheers

Edited by: Richard Duffy on Jun 21, 2008 8:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Richard, this is indeed great news! I've just a few quick questions:

On the end user / customer end, I believe the SAP Business One Integration Add-On / Crystal Reports (CR) is free (or should be maintained by the Business Partner). So this being the case, the client should not need to buy Crystal Reports (as long as they dont want to amend the RPT file layout). Am I correct to say so?

On the Business Partner's end, we will need to purchase Crystal Reports in order to edit / create new RPT files. Which edition will we need to purchase? There are 2 versions out (if I'm not mistaken) Crystal Reports and Crystal Reports Visual Advantage. What about Crystal Report Server? When does that bit of software come into play?

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are correct that it is free and that if the customer does not want to amend existing or create new reports then they do not need to buy Crystal Reports 2008.

In order for partners to create or edit reports you will need a copy of Cystal Reports 2008.

Visual Advantage also includes Xcelsius Engage 2008 and is better value as it offers the 2 products in a discounted fashion through the bundle.

Crystal Reports Server gives you the ability to automate the scheduled execution and distribution of the reports as well as provide a portal based access to the reports so it is an additional component but the baseline you always need is Crystal Reports 2008.

Make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Richard, clears up a few questions (since I need to put something together to brief my management) on the functions, features and cost (both to the us the Partner and the client).

Also, since the source code is being made available, we can work at updating the add-on and looking at enhanced features.

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've tried installing the source code and although the C# solution is created, the project is missing most of the classes and forms (the ones in subfolders). These .cs files are not getting created by the source code installer. Is anyone else getting this problem?

Kind Regards,

Owen

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

I will be posting an updated source code installer later today which addresses this issue.

Cheers

Richard Duffy

0 Kudos

Hi Owen. I have exactly the same problem. I just can get the visual basic 6.0 source code (too old, the visualizer has less options to the user, for example, for printing), but i cannot get the .cs for C# (which is the best one). Do to you have a solution for this?anyone?

Cheers!

Answers (105)

Answers (105)

Former Member

At the recommendation of SAP we changed from PLD to ALD.

After this XL-Reporter - XLR - was the recommendated report generator (with many complications during the installation process, many restrictions in the definition of reports, bad manuals and SAP workshop in which only the most simpled cases could be explaned and no answers could be given to more sophisticated problems - as we found).

SAP even announced to provide XLR a pre-installed component in SAP2007.

Currently we can't even get any senseful answers on basic questions sent to SAP support. It seems that SAP is not longer interested in XLR.

*Now everybody at SAP announces Crystal Reports as the prefered report generator.

And which product is announced next at SAP?*

I don't want to critize Crystal Reports - I have no own experiences but always heard about good ratings. But as Crystal Reports is a separate product outside of SAP B1 I expect problems in the cooperation of Crytal Reports and SAP B1.

It seems to be clear that there are business political reasons when SAP announces a new product. After SAP had bought this little israely company producing XLR it was XLR that SAP announced. Now after SAP has bought Business Objects (they also sold Crystal Reports) it is now Crystal Reports that SAP announces. For us this means that SAP announces new addons and products not in the interest of the user/programmer to provide the best to use product but only in the interest of SAP making the best business with lowest possible efforts!

SAP is such a large company - it should had been able to establish its own software development department to develop an excellent report generator.

After our own experiences with XLR we'll never start a new customer project based on XLR.

Our favorite software is currently the SwissAddon-Framework of Coresuite.

There we have an excellent report generator (Coresuite Designer) we use for complex reports that we can't achieve with the SAP report generator based on SQL-queries and for the print out of documents.

Furthermore we use the Coresuite Optimizer, where we can, among many other things, establish 'rules' (coded in SQL, C#, VB or Regular Expressions) linked to different forms in SAP which can handle much more complex processes than we could do only by the use of UDF and formatted searches. Actually we could realize a customer project which had not been possible using the standard functionality provided by SAP and without the much more complex to use SDK (we were able to realize a rental-system beside the standard functionality of SAP being an ERP-System mainly).

OK, currently we see no reason to change from Coresuite. But of course, being an inquisitive programmer, I'll have a look at Crystal Reports when there is enough time to do it.

Frank Romeni

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Frank,

Thanks for your posting - I can certainly understand your view on this.

It is true that there have been a number of tools made available for use with SAP Business One - with varying degrees of uptake by partners and customers based on their knowledge and level of skill.

Of course now that SAP and Business Objects are one and the same company it makes sense to use Crystal Reports with SAP Business One and many of our partners have been using it for a number of years already.

You can expect to see us working to merge the Crystal Reports and SAP Business One experiences together in a more integrated fashion - what we have released to date with the Add-On is just the starting point.

Over time you will see an even deeper level of integration between SAP Business One and Crystal Reports. I would encourage you to look at what Crystal offers - it is the worlds top selling and most deployed reporting tool so it makes sense for us to use it with Business One - when you get a chance to use it I am sure you'll see why it has become the defacto reporting tool for most ERP vendors around the globe.

I beleive that once you use Crystal Reports you will see that SAP is providing a tool that is the best to use for programmers, partners and customers.

The Coresuite products are absolutely a vital part of our partner ecosystem and they offer a number of excellent solutions as you have pointed out - I am glad to hear that you have been able to acheive so much using Coresuite together with SAP Business One.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I've read, the add-in gives us a place to attach a Crystal report in the menu system and some group assignment functionality. With no mention of how to replace a standard SAP B1 report, I'm guessing that connecting a Crystal report to the printer icon or using a Crystal report in the override system isn't possible at this time, which stops well short of some of the add-ins available from business partners.

Is this accurate? Can you comment on plans to make Crystal work throughout SAP B1?

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,

You are correct in your summary of the functionality of the Add-On.

The plan as we go forwards will be to deepen the integration between SAP Business One and Crystal Reports along the lines that you have mentioned.

The SAP Business One Executive Management Team is in the process of finalising our detailed Product Roadmap for SAP Business One and you can expect to hear more around the timelines and nature of this integration going forwards.

In the meantime, customers can utilise solutions such as Crystal Wave from Third Wave solutions to cheive the kind of integration you are referring to or use the UI API's in the SAP Business One SDK to call the Crystal Reports .Net print engine directly from SAP Business One forms.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I've install all programs in CrystalIntegrasionForSAPBusinessOne but Why "Crystal Report Designer" does not appear in my B1 menu.

Regards,

Dody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

The Add-on provided just creates and updates some menu items to enable the use of Crystal Reports within SAP Business One (in a nutshell, to call out .RPT files).

If you want to edit / create new Crystal Report files (.RPT) you will have to install the Crystal Report 2008 application that is also provided (see the download area - its one ISO).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dody,

the item Crystal Designer in the menu of B1 appear only after the installation of Crystal Report Designer 2008 on the pc that you are using.

Regards,

Massimo Sala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

you are telling us "In the meantime, customers can utilise solutions such as Crystal Wave from Third Wave solutions" so I can understand that for now the Crystal Integration For SAP Business One is only for SAP and SAP Partner, for use it into a demo to prospect or customer, for tell them "this will be the future ! " but is not possibile to install in a productive system on Customer site ?

I've understand well ?

Thanks,

Massimo Sala

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dody,

if you installed the VB6 based version, it doesnt give you the option to launch the Crystal Reports Designer.

I would recommend you use the C# based version as it is the better of the 2 solutions to utilise and we only posted the VB6 version as an example of how to call the Crystal Print engine via code.

Cheers

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Massimo,

You can use the add-on in Production sites - thats why we released it as well as to show people how to call the Print Engine via code.

The Add-On has a certain set of functionality - if it meets the customers needs you should use it.

If the customer has more requirements that a Partner Solution delivers then you should look at that.

It all comes down to what the customer needs and for many the functionality in the add-on is sufficient - the same as we delivered in the way you publish XL Reporter reports on to the B1 menu.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

>

> At the recommendation of SAP we changed from PLD to ALD.

>

> After this XL-Reporter - XLR - was the recommendated report generator (with many complications during the installation process, many restrictions in the definition of reports, bad manuals and SAP workshop in which only the most simpled cases could be explaned and no answers could be given to more sophisticated problems - as we found).

>

> It seems to be clear that there are business political reasons when SAP announces a new product. After SAP had bought this little israely company producing XLR it was XLR that SAP announced. Now after SAP has bought Business Objects (they also sold Crystal Reports) it is now Crystal Reports that SAP announces. For us this means that SAP announces new addons and products not in the interest of the user/programmer to provide the best to use product but only in the interest of SAP making the best business with lowest possible efforts!

>

> SAP is such a large company - it should had been able to establish its own software development department to develop an excellent report generator.

>

> After our own experiences with XLR we'll never start a new customer project based on XLR.

> Our favorite software is currently the SwissAddon-Framework of Coresuite.

I totally agree with all the points you brought up in this great forum post. It's amazing how badly SAP has messed up with the reporting tools and layout designers for SAP Business One. ALD was technically pretty ok, but they messed the contract with Combit. XL Reporter was a disaster to start with.

On the other hand, when it comes to building reports from a B1 database, I've had really good experiences with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. It's a great tool for producing web-enabled reports. Even better, it comes free of charge with MSSQL Standard and Enterprise versions. I am soon going to publish a blog on how to use SSRS with SAP B1.

Regarding layout designers, I have not used Core Suite, but instead I've used Perpetuumsoft's Report Sharpshooter, which is the main component of the Core Suite. I'm really fond of Report Sharpshooter. It's a truly amazing piece of software, especially when compared with the awful Print Layout Designer.

Best Regards,

Henry

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your post. have you had a chance to look at Crystal Reports 2008 and work with it as yet?

I would be interested in your feedback bearing in mind your experience with Sharpshooter and SQl Reporting Services.

Cheers

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

I have used XL Reporter for creating reports, it has lot of limitations hope crystal report will fill the gap

From where can i download Sample (.rpt) files for Crystal reports

SAP provided XL Reporter samples files (.ixr) for Country specific content (INDIA). they include report such as

RG23A,RG23C (Excise Duty reports for manufacturer),

Will you provide the .rpt files for these reports ?

Also it will be helpful if you provide information like, what are the reports possible, and what are not.

what are the prerequisites for user to work on Crystal reporter?

Thanks & Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I downloaded,installed and created a simple report with designer and added it.When i try to open the report in Forms Viewer, error occurs as

Failed to open the connection
Report1.rpt

Is it that ,do i have to push any password to database anywhere while opening the report.Also is this the right place to pose technical queries.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the add-on registers the sa password within itself for the SQL Server when the Account Setup was run for the first time. ( Administration menu)

Has the sa password been changed? , if so the Crystal add-on may not connect - since it has the old password. If that is the case, then a re-run of the Account Setup will fix.

iNDdM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

try using a OLE DB (ADO) connection instead.

OLE DB (ADO) | Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server

I use this. I find it also useful when I have to create a single report and use it to connect to many diffrent companies within the Crystal add-on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Crystal designer is appearing, but when clicking on it a message appears: "System cannot find the specified file"

Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vanessa, can you explain further on "Crystal designer is appearing" ?

Are you saying that after installing SAP B1's Crystal Report add-on and the 30 day trial of Crystal Report 2008, you are then receiving the above message / error?

Do you have any .rpt files on your server / machine on which you are testing the SAP B1 Crystal Report add-on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

"Crystal designer" menu option is available, but if I click on it the message I mentioned appears.

I have just installed the Crystal Reports for SAPB1 addon. (today) and so it is impossible that the 30 days trial has expired...

Maybe it can help: I have also CRXI installed. I tried to uninstall it, but I have not been able to do it. (an error ocurred).

I dont know why SAP addon cant find the file since I followed all the steps as it was said.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot: I have rpt files on the machine on which I am testing the SAP B1 Crystal Report add-on.

Thank you again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vanessa,

I have the exact same problem. I just loaded out the B1 crystal addon and followed Richard's video tutorial. Everything seemed to go well until clicking on CRYSTAL DESIGNER. The error window titled, "SAP Crystal AddOn" shows, with a msg stating, "The system cannot find the file specified."

It's due to the path to the designer executable. It's in C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\AddOns\SAP_CR\Resources\CrystalDesignerPath.txt (As shown in the documentation). When I edit this file, it points to C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\crw32.exe as the executable. There is no such file in that path. So I assume it didn't get loaded during the install for some reason. I removed and reloaded Crystal reports and it's still not there.

Can anyone confirm that crw32.exe is, in fact, the correct executable for the Crystal designer? If so, where can I get it?

Thanks!

Bob

Edited by: Robert Welch on Aug 22, 2008 11:10 PM

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert.

When you load the Add-On it doesnt load a copy of the Crystal Report design time engine.

It only loads the runtime engine that allows you to run reports not to change them or design additional reports.

The Crystal Designer option on the menu is designed to launch the designer component which needs to be installed separately.

There is a 30 day trial version included in the download but you need to load it separately.

We will also be releasing a free special version called Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One in the next week or so for use only with SAP Bsuiness One and SSP add-ons. It was due to be released already but we had a couple of shipping delays. You can then utilise that version to build and edit report layouts.

Cheers

Richard Duffy

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa.

When you load the Add-On it doesnt load a copy of the Crystal Report design time engine.

It only loads the runtime engine that allows you to run reports not to change them or design additional reports.

The Crystal Designer option on the menu is designed to launch the designer component which needs to be installed separately.

There is a 30 day trial version included in the download but you need to load it separately.

We will also be releasing a free special version called Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One in the next week or so for use only with SAP Bsuiness One and SSP add-ons. It was due to be released already but we had a couple of shipping delays. You can then utilise that version to build and edit report layouts.

Cheers

Richard Duffy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information.

Regards,

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll be on the lookout for it.

Cheers!

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard:

As you know, user defined fields of the type nvarchar now are created at the maximum length in SQL when using SAP 2007. These nvarchar(max) fields can not be used to join tables in Crystal. I have been changing the size of the UDF in SQL Server manaully, but every time a patch level is changed this process needs repeating. Do you know of a different way I can approach this problem?

Thanks.

Ralph

0 Kudos

ralph,

you can join table using sql commands, and not using the graphical tool that is included inside CReports. This way, you don't have to change the type of a field in SQL Server.

Hope it helps you

Jose

0 Kudos

Ruchard,

I'm trying to hide the grouptree by code, but we can't becouse the property crystalReportViewer.DisplayGroupTree = false is obsolete. Do you know which one is to replace it in CReports 2008?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Richard,

Answered by myself (sorry about...). This is the new way:

crystalReportViewer.ToolPanelView = CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.ToolPanelViewType.None;

Cheers anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ismael:

You are right, that is an option, and a good one, it just makes adding fields a little more complicated. Another problem I run into because of the nvarchar(max) data type is these fields are not always available for use in formulas and groups.

I don't know about you, but this tneds to be a big issue for me.

Have you ever written an aging report for B1 using Crystal that ties out to the B1 aging? I'm finding this difficult.

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also interested in an aging report.

Does SAP plan on making default reports available for Crystal Reports, like on the basic print layout designer? It's much easier to modify those than to build brand new financial statements, aging and other reports from scratch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

how can I transfer the completed report to the customer? The customer have got only CrystalReport Runtime. I'm using the OLE DB - SQL Native Driver for access to SQL Database and the report works with stored procedure. How can I change the server name and database by customer?

Darius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This thread is way to long and will be closed.

Please use the whole forum to ask questions.

Best regards,

Darius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to load the Crystal Integration 2.0.0.6 on a Terminal Server, and have very limited space on the C: drive. Is there any way to load the CR 12 runtime and .Net 3.5 on another drive?

There is not prompt for a location to install. I found a .Net install command to specify another drive, but some reports indicate it casues problems. Any help is appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem to view the .rpt archive in the Crystal reports integration add-on, using the command 'Preview and Print' . When I try to execute the report, the follow message appears:

'Failed to open connecion xxxx.rpt.

I found the SAP Note 1220164, that says about the service pack or Hot fix aplication, but I don't know which of them solve the problem, and where the correct application can be found.

Thanks,

Alberto Nunes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Duffy,

I have installed the Crystal Report Add-On, when i start the Add-On it says it is successful and when i'm opening any Forms of crystal report Add-On like "Manage Crystal Reports" it opens. but when click on any icon on the form comes up with an error message saying

"There is already an Open DataReader associated with the Command which must be closed First."

Things we tried to reslove :

When posted in Crystal Report Community they said that we need to close the datareader from the program(code) we created. when explained that it is a Add-On that we use to view reports they didn't knew the solution.

System specfication.

SAP Business One version : SAP 2005 B (7.40.250) SP:00 PL:26

SQL Server is SQL 2000 one

Crystal Report Add-On version is 2.0.0.0

Do let us know if you need any further information.

Thank You

regards,

Shreyas

shreyas(at the rate)clockwork.in

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

This was an issue with SQL 2000 and the earlier versions of the add on

Please download and use the most recent version from here

[Version 2.0.0.7|https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=4E1CS8W4Y69CSK86MEKLESOI8S3R8HMGQ6J5X0C1J8HJTSAJO7]

mark_kenworthy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richard et al,

I have installed the latest version of the add-on 2.0.0.7 at a customer site and the add-on is running fine on the server. However, I am deploying it to workstations and receiving the following error when starting the add-on:

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {random numbers} failed due to the following error: 80040154"

Does anybody know what might be causing this problem?

Thanks

Mark

mark_kenworthy
Participant
0 Kudos

Further to the above, at a different site I have encountered an error on only one workstation (it works fine on all the others). When you start the Crystal Add-on and error message appears and says

SAP Crystal AddOn

'Activex component can't create object.'

I have been logged in as a domain admin removed all the components, installed them as per the install guide, uninstalled, rebooted the machine, logged in again as Admin and reinstalled them. Still no luck. I've also downloaded activex 10.

The workstation is running XP Professional, v2.0.0.6 of the crystal add-on.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be going wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone come across the below error on a client installation withregard to the SAP Crystal Add-on 2.0.0.6, and SAP B1 version 2005A SP01 PL34.

The .NET framework 3.5 has been installed along with the crystal runtime, however, when logging into B1 and waiting for the add-on to run through the installation process, it produces the following error when logged in as a superuser or otherwise :

AddOn Installer

File not found : AddOnInstallerAPI.dll

This file is present in the client folder under program files, and the DI API version is correct.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I had also this kind of error. While the extraction-"Setup" there are some path-parameters to enter. Then at last I moved the extracted files. After this I wasn't even able to install the add-on like you described. So start again with the extraction of the add-on-Files.

I hope, this is right.

Kind regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Please can you help us with installing the Crystal addon (version 2.0.0.7).

I have tried the SAP portal and they say they wont/cant help us with this addon.

The environment we are dealing with is quite complex with some strong security measures in place. We dont know what is causing the error message we are getting and have no idea of how to get around it.

The environment has the following setup:

Server is running Windows 2003, SQL2005, Business One 2007A patch 42

External addons include a Stock Transfer addon which uses Crystal XI runtime

All program files and Business One files are installed on the server into

E:\data\SAP Business One

Clients mostly connect through a terminal server running Windows 2008 on a 64 bit machine

1. We have installed the Crystal Addon (vs 2.0.0.7) onto the server successfully (into E:\data\SAP Business One\AddOns directory). We have also installed Crystal 2008 basic and dotnetFx3.5. We have not installed the CrystalRuntime_12_0_mlb as yet (the stock transfer addon needs to be tested before we do that)

2. The Crystal addon comes up successfully on the server and we can add a report etc to the crystal menu etc. We cant print/preview a report through the addon as yet because of not installing the CrystalRuntime. That we understand.

3. We have then tried to rollout the Crystal addon to the terminal server as mentioned above. The problem we are having is that the install falls over with an error u2018Add-on executable file not foundu2019.

We are definitely running the install using administrator rights on the terminal server u2013 ie set the environment using command prompt u2018change user /installu2019 then right click the B1 icon and u2018run as administratoru2019.

Where is the problem? Why can the Add-on executable file not be found?

Is it because of access rights to the server or is it because the pathname we installed the addon on the server is not the standard path? Or is it something else?

(PS We also uninstalled the Crystal addon from the server, created a 'standard' B1 path ie C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\AddOns and installed it successfully on the server again. Tried the terminal server install again. Same error - 'Add-on executable file not foundu2019)

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Denise

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having a problem in Crystal 2008.

The problem is that the customer has pre-printed stationery that we need

to print their statements on and the dimensions of their pre-printed

stationery forces us to setup the page layout so that the width is

greater than the height and still try and keep it in portrait format.

Once we print it to their pre-printed stationery on a dotmatrix printer

it comes out in landscape and is completely at the opposite angle to what

it needs to be.

In Crystal Reports 2008 whilst I am busy with page setup I have noticed

that once I insert the vertical dimensions and horizontal dimensions it

automatically switches the document from portrait to landscape. I need a

portrait document which will have a horizontal dimension of 27 cm and a

vertical dimension of 21 cm.

This is the way we need to print.

SAP B1 2007 A PL 30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting this error when I try to install the crystal reports add on on a 64bit server. What is the resolutions for this ?

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {3EBB7859-E4E3-4D77-B673-C6E5AD529CC1} failed due to the following error: 80040154."

I have heard about downloading this CrystalReportsRedist2005_ia64.msm file but I can't find it anywhere. Does installing it resolve the issue ?

Kind Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the same error :

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {3EBB7859-E4E3-4D77-B673-C6E5AD529CC1} failed due to the following error: 80040154."

but after installation complete (CR runtime and Addon in SBO) when i try to run the addon in SBO on a 64bit server too.

If there is a special version of CR runtime or CRintegration for 64 bits server, i will be happy to get it !!

Thank's in advance...

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where do I get the link to the download site for Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One. I have used the suggestions on the forum and they all give me the 30 Day trial version of Crystal Report We have a client that is looking to design their own reports - do they get a free version or should they buy Crytal Reports 2008?

Where do partners get their license for the Crystal Reports software for Business One?

Thanks

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where do I get the link to the download site for Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One. I have used the suggestions on the forum and they all give me the 30 Day trial version of Crystal Report We have a client that is looking to design their own reports - do they get a free version or should they buy Crytal Reports 2008?

Where do partners get their license for the Crystal Reports software for Business One?

Thanks

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Richard already answer to this kind of issue, there is a 64 bits version available at :

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=4E1CS8W4Y69CSK86MEKLESOI8S3R8HMGQ6J5X0C1J8HJTS...

i download it and install it on a 64 bits server and a 64 bits client, and it's work's fine...

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing this problem while installing crystal reports on workstation. It says as follows:

Add_on Crystal Report for SAP B1 : - "Failed to read binary data from database".

We are not in a position to get any sort of help to takle this issue. The platform is

SAP B1 2005A with SQL 2005.

Can you please help out.

Thanks.

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anybody help me to resolve the issue which is given below

The Crystal Installation set up is completed.When we login to SAP and

go to Crystal Administration - Manage Crystal Report the error message

getting displayed is "Run Time Error -7026"

Thanks,

Vishwanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

We have designed a simple report using customer code (cardcode) as a selection parameter (using dynamic link), however, in the selection windows, only first 1000 records of customer code which seperate into five pages availabled for the user to select. Please advise.

Regards,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

any solution regarding to it? Thanks

-

We have designed a simple report using customer code (cardcode) as a selection parameter (using dynamic link), however, in the selection windows, only first 1000 records of customer code which seperate into five pages in the pull-down menu availabled for the user to select. Please advise.

-

Regards,

Ronald

Edited by: Gordon Ho on Mar 2, 2009 4:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Have anyone faced a similiar issue which is reported below

The Crystal Installation set up is completed.When we login to SAP and

go to Crystal Administration - Manage Crystal Report the error message

getting displayed is "Run Time Error -7026"

Thanks,

Vishwanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard ,

I am trying to create label for one of my client . Can it be possible through crystal reports .

Same field need to be printed multiple times and field changes by parameter .It is more like creating a template .for one page , there needs to print twenty labels of same item type .

Hope you can give me some advice .

Thank you

Bishal

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bishal,

It is definately possible - in fact theres a label wizard you can use in Crystal Reports.

heres some info from the online help in CR 2008

Crystal Reports Online Help

Label screen (Report Creation Wizard)

Use the Label screen to set up mailing label options. The Label screen lets you to print data on virtually any labels that are commercially available for line printers (dot matrix) or page printers (laser, ink jet). Use the settings and formatting commands to fine-tune your printing so the labels come out just the way you want them.

Mailing Label Type

You can define your own label type by selecting User-Defined Label from this list. However, to make your work easier, the program comes with preset templates for many other label types. Those labels are listed in the Mailing Label Type list.

When you choose a preset label template, the program automatically sets up the specifications for that label.

Label Size

These edit boxes enable you to specify the dimensions (height and width) of one label. This information can usually be found on the box or folder the labels come in. Simply enter the height and width values in the respective edit boxes.

Note: The unit of measurement used in the dialog box (inches or centimeters) is based on settings in the Regional Options of the Windows Control Panel.

Gap Between Labels

These edit boxes enable you to specify the empty area (gap, gutter, and so on) between labels. Simply measure the gaps and then enter the horizontal and vertical values in the respective edit boxes.

Horizontal

The gaps between labels going across the page. One-up (one across) labels don't have any horizontal gaps.

Vertical

The gaps between labels going down the page.

Note: The unit of measurement used in the dialog box (inches or centimeters) is based on settings in the Regional Options of the Windows Control Panel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Can you tell me what version, and where I can get it, of the Crystal Reports integration I should use for 2007A on a 32bit machine?

Thanks,

Harvey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Thanks, but this does not answer my question. The user should not have to minimise SAP B1 for the report viewer to load. Do we have a timeframe for when this will be fixed?

Regards,

David

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

David,

Which version of the Add-On are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I have tried versions 2.0.0.6 and 2.0.0.7.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have resolved this for my customer by rolling back to version 1.0.0.1, which does not appear to have the problem that is in the 2.0.0.6 & 7 versions.

Obviously not ideal, but it stops the phone calls from the customers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julie,

I cannot find a link on the portal to download this version, can you let me know where this is available if possible?

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have a copy here but it's 27mb zipped. Any ideas on how I could get it to you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Thanks, i can email you FTP details if you like.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's fine David, julie.jamieson at businessevolution.co.nz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any update on the following bug/issue with the add-on?

When the customer is running a crystal report where user parameters are

required, the parameter form is opening in the background, with no

indication in the task bar that it the form is there. The customer waits, then tries to open the

report again and receives the error message "Multiple reports views are

not permitted".

This is very frustrating for customers, as there is no clear indication of how this error is to be avoided.

Is the issue present on earlier versions of the add-on? If not, where can these versions can be downloaded from?

Regards,

David

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

David,

Heres an extract from an earlier message that may help explain whats happening.

_________

This could be because the Viewer window has gone "behind" , minimise other windows and have a check.

The cause is :

When .Net loads a window ( or any other code path for that matter ), the initial load takes longer since .Net will initially compile the code in to machine language. However it stores the machine language code for the session for better efficiency, therefore subsequent loads will be faster.

You may have clicked repeatedly on B1 thinking trying to get the viewer loaded, but in fact it was in the process of loading. your clicks made the Viewer to go out of focus.

The add-on detected the viewer window was already loaded or loading, hence the error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

In version 2.0.0.6, it appears the window opens in the back ground regardless of whether you click to open multiple times or not, in 1.0.0.1 it only seems to go to the background if you do click twice.

I have confirmed this in my testing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Has anyone run into a "pure virtual call error" before when using the Crystal Reports viewer? I only receive the message on one of the Crystal Reports I am trying to run so I am assuming it is something specific to that report. The report will run on the server but when I try to run it from a client I receive the message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anybody help me on the issue given below.

For one of our client we have an issue on printing an Invoice through crystal Integration .

We can able to view the crystal report through Crystal Integration but we are unable to print the document.No error is getting displayed .

The printing from PLD it's working fine .Right now we are exporting the invoice to PDF format from crystal integration and taking the printout.

But we cannot able to print directly from the crystal Integration.

This issue is not happening for the other clients.The Print set up is done correctly,Though when we convert the Crystal print into PDF, we can able to Print.

Thanks,

Vishwanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really want to get started developing reports with this product, but I do need to work through the E-Learning provided in the Pre-Sales Training.

Infortunately, the system requirements for running these are very unclear, and very out of date. You are unable to download most of the versions required.

I have tried running these on FireFox and IE7, and, just when I get to the bits I actually need, there are embedded slide shows which I cannot see. (From Page 23 of Fundamentals)

I have tried downloading all sorts of software, changing all sorts of settings, but things just seem to go from bad to worse & I can now see less that I could when I started.

Very frustrating!!!

I have had lots of suggections from the Forums, but none that have resolved the issues.

Windows XP, IE7, Adobe Flash 9.0 (removed 10 & replace with 9), Java 6, Windows Media Player 11, FireFox 3,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, I'm having a problem with crystal report in 2008, I made a query using two tables in one SQL command. When I see, and crystal report SQLs interpreted as two different commands, or the field of parameter I put in the report does not apply to the command in SQL. In short, I can filter the content of the tables, but the SQL statement is not filtered, and consequently bringing the entire contents of the bank. Someone has gone through this problem? can you help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Refiz the connection using OLEDB and did run the report with the Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the English ... Build a report in Crystal Report 2008, created an ODBC connection to the SQLServer within the Crystal Report works, but when you add the report within the SAP Business One, I see it the failure of connection.

Can you help me?

mark_kenworthy
Participant
0 Kudos

Bruno,

You need to use an OLE DB connection for the report, not an ODBC one. Go into the CR, change the datasource location to an OLEDB source, verify the database, preview it, save the report and then run it from Business One.

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those having issues with the ODBC / OLE DB etc, have a quick look at the image below so you'll know how to setup your Crystal Reports:

[http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2567/croledbingobd0.jpg|http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2567/croledbingobd0.jpg]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a "Failed to open connection" from Server 2008 running a Crystal Report that is looking at an IBM AS/400 database. I runs from the server using Crystal Reports but fails when run from the Server. Not sure what to do.

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to run the SAP Crystal addon on a 64-bit system but I get an error Retrieveing the COM class factory, this is a common error when running an addon that is compiled for any CPU instead of compiled for 32Bit.

Is the software compiled as 32Bit or for any CPU, because when it is compile for any CPU the addon can't acces the UI and DI for they are compiled as 32Bit.

Kind Regards

Ad

mark_kenworthy
Participant
0 Kudos

Ad,

Are you running version 2.0.0.7 of the add-on?

I believe it was this one that first featured compatibility with 64-bit systems.

Mark

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am running 2.0.0.6.

I will go an look for 2.0.0.7 to download

thanks

Ad

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ad,

There is an update available for you now to download the latest version of the Crystal Reports Add-On for SAP Business One that is now compatible with 64 Bit and 32 Bit Operating systems.

You can download it [here|https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=4E1CS8W4Y69CSK86MEKLESOI8S3R8HMGQ6J5X0C1J8HJTSAJO7]

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by missing the 64 Bit compatibility - this update will address it as it has been compiled to fix the issues.

Richard Duffy

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

It works, thanks

Ad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts,

I have the same question as Frank Sposato:

"Are there any sample Crystal Reports 2008 financial reports built for SAP Business One 2007A available for download? Looking for standard P&L, Balance Sheet with Budget vs. Actual dimension reporting. Thanks.

-Frank Sposato"

The Balance Sheet data is dynamic. Could you please show how to have the Revenue data summarized in Crystal Report 2008 for Dec 1 - 31 2008?

Thanks!

Lorrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Richard,

I want to set Page setup size og Crystal report as 8x6.

8x6 not supported to crystal report.

Can u plz suggest me any solution for that.

Thanks and Regards

Manohar Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Apparently the SAP support team will not support this product. I have already asked this question & not received any answer, so will just have to keep trying. I am not looking for work arounds, as these have been advised to the custoimers already, just resolutions if possible please?:

Detailed problem description: We have recently upgraded this (and other) customers

to 2007A PL 44, and have installed Crystal version 2.0.0.6 on the

server. They have previously been on 2005A versions and have

had older versions of Crystal which have been used to produce

statements for customers.

When the customer is running a crystal report where user parameters are

required, the parameter form is opening in the background, with no

indication in the task bar that it the form is there. The customer waits, then tries to open the

report again and receives the error message "Multiple reports views are

not permitted".

This is happening with other customers as well. For our customers that

are not very technologically literate, this is very frustrating, and we

are getting a lot of support calls.

Is there a fix for this, or is it a known issue?

mark_kenworthy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

I did ask a representative from SAP about this issue and he said that it was occuring because "SAP and the Crystal Add-on are seperate .Net Components..."

No mention of when it will be fixed though.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark! It is nice to know that I am not alone.

We haven't had this issue with customers who have the earlier version (1.0.0.1). I think it may be worth considering rolling back to that if we can't get a sensible response from Business Objects or SAP on the issue.

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Julie,

I will reach out to you directly to help you address the issue.

I will then share the resolution on this forum

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Richard,

You can contact me on +64 33585252.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Topic: CR Installation Issues

Dear Richard,

We're trying to install the addon (version: 2.0.0.6, also tried the new version 2.0.0.7) on a B1 installation (B1 2005 SP01 EF50). Running on SQL 2000.

We installed the CR Runtime OK, The .NET 3.5 OK.

The ard file registers fine but when starting SAP it directly crashes.

I forwarded the dumps to SAP Support but understand all messages are to be handled via this forum?

If you need any extra info (we can logon remote to the server or I can send you the files (log dump).

Kind regards,

Jeroen (jeroen 'dot' swanborn 'at' Ordina 'dot' be)

Edited by: Jeroen Swanborn on Jan 12, 2009 11:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am a new user of SAP, I would like to know if Crystal Reports can let me create a report that I can set as default in a active Form of SAP B1 for printing.

Because I usually work with the Query Manager Tool of SAP B1 to create new queries and reports and I use the Query Print Layout to setup the layout of these reports. These reports are printed normally via the print view Icon of the toolbar. But I cannot set one of these Reports as default in a active form of SAP (e.g A/R Invoice).

Please tell me if Crystal Report can help me to do this.

Thank you.

Ben.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben, sorry to say that the current Crystal Reports add-on can not be set to print as the active form's default print layout. To do so, you will have to work with the source code and SDK.

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ben,

At this time, if you need to do this you will need to do it programmatically via the SDK or utilise one of our Software Solution partner applications such as Crystal Wave from Third Wave Business Solutions.

In our 8.8 release there will be a deeper level of integration between SAP Business One and Crystal Reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the offer. I apoligize if this is not the place to ask this questions but figured it is worth a shot. I am actually clueless when it comes to Crystal. One report that I would like to see is a snap shot of upcoming cancellation dates for sales orders vs the scheduled delivery date to my warehouse from the vendor. Best way to make it happen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Do we have basic SO, Picking sheet, Invoice Crystal forms ready for B1 2007A and 2007B? We can use default form to edit or add some UDFs or logo on it. Or we need to do it by ourselves? Thanks.

mark_kenworthy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am using CR for SAP B1 and version 2.0.0.6 of the SAP add-on.

I have created a report and assigned it to a relevant module in B1 under 'Manage Crystal Reports'. I can preview it fine in CR for SAP B1. However, when I run it from within SAP I get the error:

"Failed to open the connection

Report Name .rpt"

I have tried the following steps several times with no success:

1. Open the report in the CR designer.

2. Select Database -> Set Datasource Location.

3. Set Datasource Location window will appear and in the replace with section connect to the database and replace these tables with the tables in the current datasource by clicking the update button.

4. After updating close the Set Datasource Location window.

5. Go to 'Database menu' and Click 'Verify Database' and click on u2019OKu2019.

6. Preview the report and the save the report.

Have I missed a further fix to this issue later in this thread? Does anyone have any idea how to correct this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

I have written a report in crystal against a 'non Business One' SQL2005 database. It runs fine when I go through the crystal designer or viewer. I want to be able to run this report from within a Business One database so have included it in the menu through the Crystal Add-on.

When the report runs through the add-on though, it comes up and says the table is not there - I think it is changing the default database to the Business One database instead of leaving the connection details as I created them (ie pointing to my Non-B1 database).

Is this what is happening - and if so, what can I do to prevent the connection details changing?

Thanks

Denise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denise,

it should be possible to query an named Datebase also in SBO by using this format:

SELECT * FROM Non-B1.dbo.MyTable

kind regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, you are correct I can do that through the SQL analyser but selecting from the tables occurs within the Crystal report (set using the normal database/database expert tool) . I dont really want to edit the sql code within Crystal.

I think the add-on is changing the Database which I want to prevent happening.

Any more suggestions greatfully accepted.

Denise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denise,

The Add-on is designed to connect to the currently logged on SAP company database.

A workaround I can suggest is to create Views - each view mapping to the table that you use.

Create the View in the SAP database . Then use the views in the Crystal report instead of the tables.

CREATE VIEW [dbo].[View_1]

AS

SELECT CardCode, CardName

FROM SBODemoAU.dbo.OCRD

Edited by: Indika Dekumpitiya on Dec 15, 2008 6:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indika

Thanks for that suggestion. I had in fact started using that technique and yes it is working fine and I can run the reports off the views. I was hoping not to have to create views in each of my Business One databases ie keep all my reporting objects in the non-B1 database, but obviously this is not going to work.

I can see why the Crystal add-on changes the database because most of the times, you would want to use the database you are running the report from - would be great though if a future version of the Addon gave us the option of 'hard-wiring' the database that was designed with the report.

Thanks for your help anyhow.

Regards

Denise