cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iview flickering when integrated into Sharepoint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created an iView which pulls the data from Back End ECC to Portal via Adaptive RFC Model. When I tried to pull this iView into "Sharepoint" as iView Webpart in sharepoint, it just flickers. Nothing can be seen from the sharepoint side. Can some one please help me in resolving this issues.

Thanks in advance,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Come on Gurus ... any one with any ideas ... still have not found any solution.

Thanks in advance,

Pratik.

0 Kudos

Hi All-

Did you figure out what the issue is? I am facing kind of similar problem and even after modifying the Property in the "Appearance Tray" the flickering or the endless looping does not go away.

I am trying to use the iView Web Part in Sharepoint (MOSS 2007) to display the query results written on a DSO.

For example :

Following link works on MOSS that displays just the template

/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtmode/preview/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex3x?sap-config-mode=true

Following link does not in MOSS

/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtmode/preview/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex?sap-config-mode=true

The only difference in the above two links is the use of bex vs. bex3x

Thanks in advance for help that you can provide.

Pratik

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change this property of the iview

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8b/c2ca3e76d34e64b3ee0f612755da61/frameset.htm

Features and Implications

iViews are not encoded in the page HTML

Page Builder generates an iFrame and sets the source attribute to point to the iView URL

iView content is generated after an additional server request

Page Builder writes content into the iFrame on the client side

Interactions and reload actions on the iView do not affect the rest of the page

Flicker-free pages

Thanks and regards,

gopal.sattiraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me add some more details :

If I create an Iview from template i.e RFC iView model and try to display this iView in sharepoint webpart it is coming up fine.

But When i create an iView from the Web Dynpro application which uses adaptive rfc model and try to bring that iView to sharepoint webpart it just flickers with the blank screen (Screen shows the Busy symbol as if some thing is happening in the back-end).

In this thread it says: It is not possible to integrate Web Dynpro for JAVA aaps into sharepoint.

I am not sure if this is still an Issue. Some one please clarify on this.

Thank You,

Hari.

Edited by: Harikrishna Gurram on Jun 19, 2008 2:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I exactly have the same problem ...

Any clues ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I have been able to read from the documentation, the issue about Web Dynpro applications in the iView Web Part is still relevant.

I have found an article explaining how to make a custom Web Part for integration Web Dynpro applications into sharepoint:

[http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/a/4/1a488ec6-2d2f-4ced-8076-cda626baf280/DynproMOSSIntegration.pdf]

I did not try this out yet, but we are about to enter a project, where we will have to integrate the SAP Portal to an existing sharepoint portal. If you have any experience on the integration that you would like to share (especially concerning eventing between iViews), I would be grateful.

You can also find an article about SAP/Sharepoint integration :

[http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/c/1/bc1939d9-638f-4053-b602-4258f18bb683/CB_045_Interoperability%20between%20SAP%20NetWeaver%20Portal%20and%20Microsoft%20SharePoint%20Server%202007.pdf]

Regards,

Ane

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only possibility i could see is if an application is of Web Dynpro for ABAP not JAVA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

Please check the authorizations of the user who is accessing that iview,RFC etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Can you please share the documentation for integrating the portal with sharepoint?

Thanks

SB