cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts regarding Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have completed all the basic settings and we were able to create the message from the satellite system which succesfully can be viewed from solution manager with help of the tcode CRM_DNO_MONITOR. Now from solution manager we were able to connect to SAP for searching SAP notes and we were also able to attach the same and set the status to customer action. Now our concern is

1.Can the end user view the status of the message from satellite system itself or from solution manager only?

2.If from satellite system from where he can see the message or if from solution manager system should we need to create individual user id for all end users?

3.How to trigger the mail notification to the endusers or message processors in case of any change in the status of the message for example in process to customer action?

4.Can i have an approval process for the message raised by enduser before the support team takes that into action? If yes then how?

Our environment is Solution manager 7.0 with SP12 and satellite systems were R/3 4.7 in three system landscape. Kindly help us with your valuable inputs.

regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Here are your answers to your queries:

1.Can the end user view the status of the message from satellite system itself or from solution manager only?

Andy:I believe,this is not required... What can be done is at every change the end user can be emailed accordingly... End user can view the status in solution manager if he has requd logon credentials in the Solman system... If end user has no logon to solman, then what can be done is we can set up an RFC destination in Satellite system pointing to solman and ensure the user entered in the rfc destination is the communication user....

2.If from satellite system from where he can see the message or if from solution manager system should we need to create individual user id for all end users?

Andy: if from solman, then he has to have userids created in solman.. so all ends users needs to have logon in solman...

If from satellite system, then we need to create a generic user-id in solman and enter the logon credentails in the rfc destination created in satellite system.. but remember ppl using this rfc destination to logon to the solman system would actuallty be using the user id of the generic user enter in the rfc destination..

3.How to trigger the mail notification to the endusers or message processors in case of any change in the status of the message for example in process to customer action?

Andy: Refer Note 691303 - Sending E-Mail from message after status change..

4.Can i have an approval process for the message raised by enduser before the support team takes that into action? If yes then how?

Andy: Elaborate this requirment with a liitle more detail...

Reward points with usefull answer..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Thanks for your help. I need few clarification on the following

1. From your answer for first question i shall take it as its not necessary to have users for all the end users in solution manager and we could create few key users in solman for core team members alone. Am i right?

2. Regarding approval the following is our scenario. When the end users create message it should first reach the Head of the department then after only when he gives approval the concern message processor can open the issue. Later after providing the solution to the end user a mail should be triggered for the HOD as well as for the enduser so that the HOD can be aware of the status. Can we make this happen?

Kindly give your suggestions on this

regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any help on this?

regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

for #2 this is quite easy. All support tickets will be routed to the main support team with the default action. Just enter the HOD's email address to the main support teams business partner email, and an email can be fired off to him when the support team is assigned. This requires some additional configuration with actions.

The HOD then assigns a message processor and an email can be fired off. Then when the ticket is solved the by the message processor an email can be fired off to both the creator and the HOD. All of these emails can be done manually or sent automatically when the message reaches a certain status or the message processor is assigned. Again this requires additional configuration with actions.

The only difference I see from what you asked is that the ticket is created then assigned, and you seemed to want it assigned before being created. That's not possible.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

For question #1, they can just have business partners. Solman accounts are not required. Actually, you can create a ticket from a satellite system without a business partner, but it breaks functionality like emailing the message creator.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

1) Again it depends on what your management wants.....If you dont create endusers in solman, they can still be notified thru email about the change in the status of the ticket....Even now they can access the solman with generic user-id in the rfc destination....But this i guess is not required because anyways they wil be notified about the status change thru email...

2) We can make this happen.. Let me know whether message processor assignment is automated or manual...

Regards,

Anand.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason and Anand,

Thanks for your time and reply.

After having your suggestions we have decided to go with few users as key users so that they could login into solution manager and look for the status of their issues in addition to the mail notification

Would like to know more about the process of assigning message processor assignment? How could we automate it or do it manually? We have created message processor from transaction code BP and changing the role to employee. Later in identification tab we have given the respective user id. After this we have assigned the users in the organizational chart and created responsibilities for the same. As jason specified we have assigned mail id's for the same and planning for approval procedure in mail. Is this the right configuration or can we make the approval procedure working in solution manager itself? If yes then kindly provide any help on this.

regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your time and reply.

regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Have you setup the approval process in Service Desk in Solution Manager.

I have created IDs in Solman for Keyuser so that they can check the status of thier own message, revert to Message Processor if any input required and close the ticket.

But as Keyuser access the ticket via TCode CRM_DNO_MONITOR, they are able to access all the tickets and modify them.

Could you please let me know the authorization object so that I can control the same. Please guide me if any alternative exists for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abishek,

I do not remember the authorization object exactly and we have tested with each object to identify. Also as this is done long before I don't have the access as well to check

Regards,

Anand