cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defaults in Support Messages - how to set them up ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In Support Messages created from within Solution Manager (e.g. using NOTIF_CREATE), how to set up default values for fields like "System/IBase", "Component", "Reported By".

I looked for any readily available Parameter IDs (PIDs) - couldn't fine anywhere.

Your kind and early feedback will be of great help.

Best regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create the messages in SolMan directly there is no default because the system can't "know" for which system you create the call.

Usually the messages are created in the external systems (by either doubleclicking on the "water symbol" in the right upper corner or using the "help - create support message" menue) - and from there the context is taken (system, transaction, user etc.)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks.

I am aware of the fact that the 'context' information is drawn from the system.

My problem is that it's the SolMan system which we have to use, for creating Test Messages and I am trying to make it easy for the team.

Is there any other way at all ?

Best regards,

Srini

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can doubleclick in the SolMan itself on the ICON as you were doing in an external system... or do you want to check something special?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

Go to SA 38

Enter RDSWP_NOTIF_CREATE_CUSTOMIZE_S

Click Execute

Select the field group Component

Check the Output checkbox

Enter the default value in the Input Value field

Click Save

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Hearty thanks for the solution. I followed your steps and it does fix the issue for me.

Thanks again.

Srini

Answers (0)