cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP client and company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the difference between tables which are at client level and which are at compny code level.

How client is different from company code ? some examples please .

Regards,

Pranshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1270641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

CLient is at top of organizational chart in SAP.

When you login to SAP you have to mention a specific client. This is more like server space.

WHitin a client you define different company codes per your requirement.

There are some configuration which are client specific (e.g. currency rates, translations, etc) and some are company code specific (Global parameters, etc). Now when i say company code specific, it would still have client field, as all the settings are withing cleitn. e.g. check table T001 for CO code definition or table BKPF for accounting document header. these are company code specific tables and still have cleint (MANDT field)

Hence any table with MANDT  (Client) and BUKRS (CO code) as primary keys are company code specific tables while any table with only MANDT as primary key is client specific.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranshu,

Client is basically used for IT implementation.

Whereas a company code can be understood in terms of business process.

A client is used for isolation of data, i.e., a client can data that cannot be shared with other clients.

And a client can have more than one company code in it.

Now, talking about the tables.

In a SAP instance, there maybe more than one client, and the data is stored in such a way, that within that instance, the tables have a field MANDT that differentiates the various clients` data.

While if you talk about the company code specific data, it deals with a single company code.

Regards

KD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you be more specific.

You are talking about the client in the system or Vendor.

If it is Client(Vendor),they can have any number of company codes depending on the business requirement and locations.

If it is Client(System),in the Development Client we have minimum data where as in Quality and Production we will have the actual data.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was talking about development client like (801...) . .. I m confused how we differentiate data and table at client and at company code level...at client level we have MANDT field but what about tables at company code level...

I am literally confused between these two.

Regards,

Pranshu