cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Analyzer - Button not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm working with Bex Analyzer for BI 7.0. If I try to insert a command button in design mode i'm getting an error message the following error message in a window with title "analyzer message popup":

"could not access ms visual basic project".

I've looked up the messages in trace-file for BexAnalyzer and there is the following message (transleted from german -> in englisch language could be slightly different):

"Access for Visual Basic Project is not save"

I tried this on several clients with different Versions of bex analyzer (Windows XP, Windows 200, Office 2003, Office 2002 and so on). On every system is sap sapgui 7.10 core with bi add on 7.x installed (tried different patches too include the actual patch 8 for gui 7.1 and bi 7.1 sp5).

If you like to reproduce the problem just oben Bex Analyzer, change into design mode and insert a normal button.

So my question is: Does anybode expierience the same problems ? (And even better:) Does anybody know how to solve it ?

I've search this forum and sap notes and couldn't find a solution for my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthieu,

this patch you suggessted is already installed. Without this patch not even one of the toolbar-buttons is working. What i'm trying to do is to insert a "command button" (one of the design items) into the Excel-Sheet in Design Mode. Other Design Items are just fine to insert.

Did you try to do this with your Analyzer ? And did it work ?

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bernd,

I can insert any kind of object in my workbook.

About my Macro Security settings, I have:

Medium

And under the SAP AG certificate both check boxes are checked.

Have you checked that the .NET are all installed.

As I understood you have to install:

in this order....

You may be can try to uninstall everyhting, BI tools and .NET and the install .NET and then BI.

By the way my BI is in 7.10 SP 5

Office 2003 SP3

Matthieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthieu, the issue was fixed from your suggestion.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthieu,

thanks for your hint with sap certificate. That solved my problem. I had to go to Extras -> Macro -> Security and then check all Checkboxes in Tab trusted sources (especially check "trust access for visual basic projects").

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

thanks for your quick reply. I forgot to mention that I already tried to set macro security to low. That doesn't change anything.

Any other suggestions ?

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the tooltip above analyzer buttons are in german then you need a microsoft office patch:

KB907417

There is note about this : 1025122

And check that you are using:

.NET 1.0

.NET 1.1

.NET 2.0

Thanks

Matthieu.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bernd,

Check if you have set the macro security levels to medium...

Arun