cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Javabean connectivity -Invalid argument provided. Details P

Former Member
0 Kudos

read the pdf which gives clear instructions about how to do the javabean connectivity. below are my crconfig settings. used the same class as provided in the example. using wondows vista. could this be an issue

gives me an error'

Invalid argument provided. Details Please choose a javabean class.

<JavaDir>C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\jre\bin</JavaDir>

<JavaBeansClassPath>C:\CrystalReportsJavaBeans</JavaBeansClassPath>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvi

When you go through the process of creating the Java Bean connection, were you able to see your beans in the drop down list? If so what happens when you select one of your beans?

If you weren't able to see the bean in the drop down list, it may have been a compilation error in the java bean. There is a way to debug what happens to the bean when you are running it in Crystal Reports. To do this, you need to start the Java Server manually. The Java Server is a java bridge built to allow Crystal Reports to use java based connectivity, such as JDBC, XML connections, and JavaBeans.

To start the Java Server manually, follow the below instructions. You can also add logging by adding the following command:

-DloggingLevel=99

To the command line at the bottom of the .bat file.

As an FYI, Windows Vista is not a supported platform at the moment, but I don't believe it is the cause of your issue.

Merry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Selvi,

Your CRConfig.xml looks incomplete - there's no surrounding tags.

Are you using the one that came with your product?

Which specific version of Crystal Report are you using? Older versions didn't use the CRConfig.xml file.

If the configuration is correct, then in the designer, when you select JavaBeans connectivity, it should introspect all classes found in the folder and jar files in the JavaBeansClassPath via reflection for those methods that return java.sql.ResultSet, and present a list of those methods in the combo-box. I'm assuming this is not happening.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ted Ueda,

I used SAP Crystal Reports 2013 SP3. but it gave me

Invalid argument provided. Details Please choose a javabean class.

my CRConfig.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java

JavaDir Config

<JavaDir32>C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\jre/bin</JavaDir32>

<JavaDir64>C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\bin</JavaDir64>

JavaBeans Config

<JavaBeans>

<CacheRowSetSize>100</CacheRowSetSize>

<JavaBeansClassPath>D:\BLI.workspace\CrystalPdf\classes</JavaBeansClassPath>

<CallBackFunction>CrystalReportsLogoff</CallBackFunction>

</JavaBeans>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read my comment: