Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Exit for MM01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

Are there any Screen Exits for MM01.

I need to create a Custom Sub screens( where i add Custom Fields), IS it Possible?

Thanks,

Ravi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member191980
Participant

Hi.

These are the steps I've done:(a lot similar to the MAX explanation)

1º Create a structure append in MARA where I added mu new fields;

2º Create the program SAPLZMGD1 as copy the std program SAPLMGD1;

3º Create a new subscreen in my custom program SAPLZMGD1, where the fields of APPEND structure of MARA are managed;

4ª For each new field, the user should include a field instruction between the modules PAI GET_DATEN_SUB and SET_DATE_SUB;

Ex: FIELD ZZNEW

CUSTOMIZING

1º Copy the std sequence 01 or 21(depends of the company) into your custom sequence Z1 by trx OMT3B;

2º In the new sequence Z1 I add a new DATA SCREEN (as copy of custom DATA SCREEN BASIC DATA 1 or 21),

3º In my new DATA SCREEN I added my new subscreens (you could add max 10 subscreen;

4º In the Control of sequence of screens to modify the reference of screens for his/her screen copies and created previously.

P.S. I have a file with the sequences of the screens of the customizing, order an email in case has interest in receiving this material: <personal email removed>

Juliano Diniz

20 REPLIES 20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You have to follow IMG-activities under "Logistics - General->Material Master->Configuring the Material Master->Create Program for Customized Subscreens".

In this IMG activity, you can create a function group of your own by copying function group MGD1 (for industry) or function group MGD2 (for retail). The subscreens are not copied, except for two subscreens which are copied for technical reasons. You can use this copy to create subscreens of your own which you can assign to a data screen in the activity Define Structure of Data Screens for Each Screen Sequence.

Please refer to complete IMG-documentation.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maxim.

0 Kudos

HI All,

Thanks for the Replies ...

Maxim: I am trying to do what you mentioned.... Is it possible to add Custom Fields to the Sub Screens, I Extended the MARA tables and i need to add these custom fields to the Sub Screens.

Please Advice.

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes! you can, because after copying function group the program is custom so you can do all updating you need.

I've just had a problem like your: so I append my Z-field to MARA and manged it in my subscreen: I've just added a new tabstrip.

Max

Message was edited by: max bianchi

0 Kudos

Hi!

You can add your custom fields to the subscreens using this approach. Additionally you have to maintain so called field selection for material master. Follow:

Logistics - General -> Material Master -> Field Selection.

Here you have to assign and maintain your custom fields to field selection groups. Among the others this activity defines visibility of your custom fields on transaction subscreens.

Regards,

Maxim.

0 Kudos

HI all,

I created the subscreens and Z custom fields, but when i execute the transaction, it does not update the custom Fields in MARA. I am missing something.

Thanks

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Hi

These are the steps I've done:

-

> ABAP

- Create a structure append in MARA where I added mu new fields;

- Create the program SAPLZMGD1 as copy the std program SAPLMGD1;

- Create a new subscreen in my custom program SAPLZMGD1, where the fields of APPEND structure of MARA are managed;

-

> CUSTOMIZING

- Copy the std sequence 01 into my custom sequence Z1 by trx OMT3B;

- In my new sequence Z1 I add a new DATA SCREEN (as copy of custom DATA SCREEN BASIC DATA 1),

- In my new DATA SCREEN I added my new subscreens (you could add max 10 subscreen;

- I updating the rest of customizing in CONFIGURING THE MATERIAL MASTER

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

In my project requirement, i am doing the same stuff of field extension with MVKE table. Please see my thoughts and suggest me...

1. Copying the MGD1 function group and populating the data in the screen maintenance is more correct. (Lot of Z include program will create). Later the client go for upgrate or new patch apply, then they need to consider.

Kindly let me know, if there any option other than user exit. Since the requirement is hard that they want to see the value in the SAP MM01/MM02/MM03 - Sales: sales org 2 screen.

Note: Already the functional people are shortage for the extra fields in MVKE structure.

Appreciated your help on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos

Hi,

I implemented the steps you specified but the new fields are not getting updated in the MARA table. As i added the field in the subscreen of new custom program, how these fields should get reflected to main program of MM01 transaction.

Please reply.

0 Kudos

In one of object i need to have a extra menu item in MM02 or MM03 screen. Since there is no menu exit or Badi enhancement for this screen, I planned to have a pushbutton in a subscreen but i found there is no screen exit also, But i heared we can do this by doing something in Material master configuration for screen sequesnces.

( SPRO->SAP Refernce IMG->Logistics general->Material master->configuring the material master-> Here's how(Quick guide using an example) ) In this link i found some documentation procedure to have a push button in MM screen. But i couldnot able to implement it.

Anybody please give me some step by step guidelines to proceed further to have a push button in a seperate subscreen in material master screen.

Here's what i did to implement this but i donno where i made the mistake.

1. I have copied the function group MGD1 into my Z_MGD1 with out copying the function module INIT_MGD1

2. I have deleted all screens from the function group except 0001, 0002 and 2301 and in 0001 screen i have placed a pushbutton (which is what i need to place in MM01/02/03 screen)

3. I followed this procedure SPRO->SAP Refernce IMG->Logistics general->Material master->configuring the material master->Define structure of data screens for each screen sequence. then i have selected 01. std. industry sequence ->double clicked on data screens-> selected basic data -> double click on subscreens, here i found there are 20 subscreen for this screen sequence.

4. I have changed the 20 subscreen with my function pool program i.e saplz_mgd1. I have selected this line item and double clicked on view subscreen, i have found the pushbutton here.

But my problem is i couldnot able to see it in MM01/2/3 screen, Please anybody guide me to proceed further. Please let me know with step by step procedure. Points will be awarded for the needful answers.

Thanks in advance

Rajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi,

i have problem with mm02 when i change the prod.hierarchy filed value in basic data1 view it should not reflect same field in the sales organization2 view.

how can we come across such problem.

can u solve this problem.

Thanks in Advance,

sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using transactions (CMOD/SMOD) you can find the all system or custom exit that available for mm01 transaction.

For this you have to provide with following fields in transaction screen:

From SMOD transaction:

project name: mm*

select components radio button

From CMOD transaction:

project name: Z*

select components radio button

It displays with all available exits in MM function area.

thanks,

naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I have located these exits only

MGA00001 Material Master (Industry): Checks and Enhancements

MGA00002 Material Master (Industry): Number Assignment

MGA00003 Material Master (Industry and Retail): Number Display

Regards,

Deva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i need to replace Storage Bin with new Field at MM01, MM02 and MM03. for that i need to add a new Field at MARD table.

i already Append Mard Table. but unable to replace field.

can anybody help me.

former_member191980
Participant

Hi.

These are the steps I've done:(a lot similar to the MAX explanation)

1º Create a structure append in MARA where I added mu new fields;

2º Create the program SAPLZMGD1 as copy the std program SAPLMGD1;

3º Create a new subscreen in my custom program SAPLZMGD1, where the fields of APPEND structure of MARA are managed;

4ª For each new field, the user should include a field instruction between the modules PAI GET_DATEN_SUB and SET_DATE_SUB;

Ex: FIELD ZZNEW

CUSTOMIZING

1º Copy the std sequence 01 or 21(depends of the company) into your custom sequence Z1 by trx OMT3B;

2º In the new sequence Z1 I add a new DATA SCREEN (as copy of custom DATA SCREEN BASIC DATA 1 or 21),

3º In my new DATA SCREEN I added my new subscreens (you could add max 10 subscreen;

4º In the Control of sequence of screens to modify the reference of screens for his/her screen copies and created previously.

P.S. I have a file with the sequences of the screens of the customizing, order an email in case has interest in receiving this material: <personal email removed>

Juliano Diniz

0 Kudos

HI

Can you please kindly email me the document for creating screen exits for MM01.

Appreciate your help

Van

0 Kudos

Hi Juliano,

Thanks for your suggestion on screen exists in MM01 ... really i wonder why SAP has not given any screen exits in Material master ... anyway i could do all the steps from copying the screen sequence 01 to z1 and adding the new fields required in sales view in copied screen under the copied function group but the problem is how to link the copied function group to the new screen sequence z1 and how to link this screen sequence z1 to the main program of the material master.. Please advise ... if possible with screen shots..

Thanks

Prasad

0 Kudos

The following tutorial from SAPtechnical.com is very helpful in terms of the steps needed for subscreen and field creation.

The tutorial also explains how to have the values in the extended table(s,) specific to the new subscreen fields.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/ExitsBADIs/MM/MM01.htm

Please reward if helpful. I am in the same situation, and the tutorial has saved me hours of research.

0 Kudos

Hi Juliano,

I am having the requirement that to add a new custom field to already existing custom view. I have appended the custom field in MARA and I have choosen already existing function group in there I have created one subscreen and added the DATA SCREEN. But field is not getting displayed in the custom view. Can you please send me the document which is having with you to <personal email removed>.

Can you please suggest me why it is not getting displayed in the screen?

Thanks and Regards,

Muralikrishna Peravali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In my requirement i need to add the standard fields to the table control. i have copied the function group and added the fields. i have done all the required configuration also. But the data is not getting updated in the table. The data is not getting transfered to the internal tables of standard program from my custom screen and it is giving the message no data change.

Please let me know how you have handle this.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

Message was edited by:

Prasad Yalamuri

Message was edited by:

Prasad Yalamuri

prabhanjan_reddy
Participant
0 Kudos

as i am unable to create extension for p_val_type in mbew table

and i am taking 2001 as a class and i am unable to extend that one so could u please help me in this toipc

regards,

prabhanjan