cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Number Range object

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to delete Number Range object! When I try to delete the interval first, it says that Number range status is not intial and when i try to change the status to '0', then it gives me a error message saying that give a number greater than 0. So if i cant make it to 0, i cant delete the interval and hence the object, plz guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandranGanesan
Active Contributor

Hello,

[NUMBER_RANGE_OBJECT_DELETE|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/fa0365493111d182b70000e829fbfe/content.htm]

With this function module, you can delete either the whole definition of a given number range object, including texts, or only the texts. The deletion is performed directly in the database.

The function module provides no connection to the correction and transport system.

Have a look at these Notes

SAP Note 562662 NUMBER_RANGE_OBJECT_DELETE in background

SAP Note 96809 Deleting number range objects

SAP Note 426404 No dialog call for transport in no. range objects deletion

SAP Note 215563 Number range inconsistencies after RSSODELT

Thanks

Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

It didnt work for me. When I execuet the FM, it says delete the Number range interval before deleting the Object. When I created the Number range interval, i accidentally changed the lower limit from 1 to 0. So when I try to delete the object, it asks me to delete the Number range interval and when i try to delete the number range interval, it assk me to set the status to intial and when i try to do it, it asks me to give lower limit value greater than 0 and when i try to give a value greater than 0, then it asks me to maintain the status intial and which i cant as said above. please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I am getting the same error as Guest. Even after deleting the interval, I am not able to delete the number range. Is there any other funciton module I need to run prior to this FM?

Interestingly, I am getting the option to delete the number range but it is disabled. Is there any prior deactivation needed to proceed with deletion like in case or enhancement projects?

0 Kudos

To delete number range object.

at tcode SNRO

1. ensure your number range intervals has been removed.

2. go to number range objects: overview

3. put the cursor at the number range object you want to delete.

4. menu bar, Number Range Object->Delete (will only enable if the intervals was removed and you might need to refresh the screen to enable it)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmay Kulkarni,

Now i'm facing the same propblem,the delete function of menu can't be used and NUMBER_RANGE_OBJECT_DELETE throws message:number range interval exits,but i have delete interval already,

how did you slove the issue finaly?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution provided here worked.

After I had deleted all intervals, it allows you to delete the number range.

Make sure that intervals in ALL CLIENTS are deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chinmay kulkarni,

Thanks for your repley, the function module has worked.

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested in local server in that we can change the status to '0' and we can delete that number range by using Function Module: NUMBER_RANGE_OBJECT_DELETE.

which was already told by chandran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want delete number ranges by year, press F7 (year).

Go to Edit > Delete Year (F7).

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the status in number range is not zero that's means the number range already in use then you can not make changes in status and if you can not change status as zero then you can not delete that number range. Yes you can restrict for future use.

Regards,

mukesh