cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

501 Not Implemented Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured ESS/MSS..... When an employee raises a leave request, the manager gets the Leave request for approval in UWL...but when i select the UWL item to open,i get the following error;

-

-

501 Not Implemented

SAP J2EE Engine/7.00

Method ïPOST is not defined in RFC 2068 and is not supported by the Servlet API

Details: No details available

-

-

Following one of the threads in SDn, i decatiavted "use HTTP 1.1" in Tools- >Internet Options-> Advanced settings- > HTTP settings ..but still the error presists..

Any idea why i get this error and how to solve it?

Cheers

Sangeetha J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the permissions of that particular page which you are trying to open.... after clicking on that UWL link...

The permissions you need to give are Everyone Group in Portal.. and please select the check box end user -> and save it.. then in the bottom you will see the Reset child permissions.. click on that..

Also please check this..

One q'n.. Are you able to see and open the request in your backend..

Is the employee comes under the Manager.. check with your functional guy.. where in you can check these details in backend in the T.code: pa30.. Here the p.no should be assigned correctly,....

Regards

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

Thanks a lot for the inputs

I did the "permissions " as u have suggested....but still it dint work.

Yes, i am able to see the request in the backend(Business Workplace) and yes the employee comes under this manger only ( PTARQ too shows correctly )

Even after all these i m getting this error....is it sumthing related to J2ee server settings?

thanks once again

Sang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you post the indetailed error message. Mostly thats through some authorization problem.

Regards,

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

This error doest give any details..... i have pasted error contents in my prevous post...nothing more than that

I also thought , tht the error is due to sum authorization....i gave SAP_ALL in the backend and the supreadmin roles in portal.. it doesnt solve the issue..