cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Cells in Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After executing the query, I am getting some cells which are empty without any zero / any value....

Is there any setting to display those cells with zeros ........

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,

Nagamani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Kindly try Calculate KF (NODIM(ZFORECAST+0)/ 1000)

R,

Adwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adwin ,

I have tried the below one , but getting error like .. Formula not defined correctly,

I have checked the Basic KF Values in the Infoprovider level, there I have zero values ...

and tried to create a Formula variable with default value '0' and added to the Calculated KF , then also I am getting the empty cells,

Please let me know any possible solution

Thanks in Advance ...

Regards,

Nagamani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use NODIV( ) in place of NODIM( ) and see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagmani,

After calculation if ur getting few of ur cells empty even the desired is 0 then in this case u have to create 2 more Calculated key figure and to write something like this in ur Figure:

Suppose the blank ciolumn name is KF1

Then create a KF2 and type below formula:

in KF2 write : KF1 + 1.

Now create another KF3 in that use the below formula:

(KF2 == 1) * 0 + KF1.

KF3 wil be ur final column then,

As the blank space is not zero so directly adding 0 to that will not serve to ur purpose u need to create two more KF as suggested above.

Its a common problem faced as such there is no settings for this so need to do little +, - with Zero so that u can get the 0

Thanks

Dipika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipika,

Thanks for your Reply,

Could you clearly explain the below

KF2 write : KF1 + 1.

if we have added 1 to the KF the value will changed ....and that to I am getting error while adding value '0' to the Calculated KF ....

Regards,

Nagamani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

KF2=(KF1+0)

KF3=((KF2==0)*0(KF20))

Where KF1=Original KF

KF2,KF3 -->Cal.KF

Thanks,

cheers,

shana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your Reply

I got the required thing , by setting the Query property

Suppression

Active All values = 0

Effect pon Rows and Columns

Regards,

Nagamani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried several alternatives of this approach; it does not work for BW 3.x.

This persistent problem got to do with the difference between null values (blanks/empty cells) and zeros set up internally in the SAP system within the Infoproviders. Interestingly, zeros are more expensive (they take more disk space in the database), bigger in size than blank/empty cells.

The solution could be to upgrade to a newer version or use a macro to do the conversion in your report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Those blank cells are not actually equal to 0. They have a different value. What you can do is hide the current key figure and replace it with a calculated key figure which is equal to your hidden KF + 0. This will then display those blank cells as 0.

Hope this helps!

R,

Adwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adwin,

Thanks for Quick Reply,

Actually I am getting the Empty cells for the Calculated KF it self, I have followed the given suggesition , but still getting the Empty cells

Actually my CKF was ,

Basic KF ZFORECAST (Hide)

Calculate KF (NODIM(ZFORECAST)/ 1000)+0

I have used the above one,

Could you give me the alternative Solution for this ...

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,

Nagamani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the infoprovider to see if there is anything displayed for that particular selection.