Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Subreport to Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue

I have a main report and a subreport in that,When I export the report to Excel format,the subreport data appears on new line,Can anyone let me know is it possible to display the data in excel on same line.

Solution

I had a solution to this problem ,by linking the main report data with the subreport and then placing those as parameters in subreport,but now it creates 4 blank lines per record,is thier a way to remove them in excel.

Crystal reports version XI release 2

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had this problem and I solved it by changing the formatting for the subreport to "Can Grow". Why this worked I don't know because the subreport consisted of only 1 numeric field that had a fixed length. But it worked.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot be positive if this is your specific issue, but if too much blank space is permitted in the Crystal sections, when it is exported to Excel, it creates blank rows (or blank columns if space is left between columns). See if you can manually tighten up the spaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks,

I have Arranged Lines and also used fit section ,so now spaces are left in rows,also the sections which are not used are suppressed.

I think this may be a BUG in Crystal XI,and needs fixing

http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/KanisaSupportSite/search.do;jsessionid=830580A69E5D1C798...

Thanks

Rahuk

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Unfortunately this is by design. There are 2 possibel workarounds;

1) Use the MS Excel 97-2000 format as opposed to data only

or

2) pass the values from the subreport to the main report via shared variables, suppress all sections in the subreport, set the subreport to suppress blank subreport and the section the subreport is in to suppress if blank.

This will still cause a blank row in Excel but the data will appear where you want it

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have the same problem in Crystal Reports XI R2 - i know it's a bug but we use subreports alot and also export to Excel to sort data. I currently tell people to go through Microsoft Excel 97-2000 but this is not ideal.

Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed within the new Crystal Reports 2008?