cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero quantity allowed in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Recently i have faced one issue related to sales order.User created sales order some quantity and he saved the document. The document saved with zero quantity.At what situation happen like.

I have checked in mmbe the plant having lower than order quantity.is there any check in availability.Please give repply...

Regards

venk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possibly it is an incomplete document as there is no quantity in it.System may not allow you to complete the shipping process.

Beacuse if quantity is missing,how much quantity you will pick(if it is relevant for picking), then in PGI system can not post the quantity as well as value wise.

Without knowing the quantity, system can not calculate the Net weight & Gross weight which is a shipping relevant required data. Therefore you may not be able to complete the Shipping process in the absence of this data.

System has allowed him to save the order beacuse the configuration is like that. This is controlled from the "status group" in the "Incompletion procedure". Possibly there, saving the order is allowed , but it may not allow to complete the shipping process.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your repply,

My requirement is user created one order with some quantity and saved the order and he checked once again that order saved with ZERO quantity. Finally i have checked in MMBE that time same material having quantity less than order quantity.

I want know is there any availability check.Order quantity more than plant stock.that time the system taking automatically Zero quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know any such.

Normally if the order quantity is more than the available quantity, then syetem will take you to the "Sales order: Availabilty control" screen where you will find the proposed delivery date.

Suppose your order quantity is 100 units and you have in stock 80 units, then if the customer accept partial delivery system will confirm these available 80 units and for the rest 20 units system will give another schedule line taking the replenish lead time into consideration.

Regards