0 Kudos

When i try to install SAP NetWeaver Platform it given error given below :

APinst is getting started.

Please be patient ...

starting gui server process:

sapinstport: 21200

guiport : 21212

guistart : true

command : "C:\jdk6/bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:/DOCUME1/PRADEE1/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.5348.1215096084\jar\instgui.jar;C:/DOCUME1/PRADEE1/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.5348.1215096084\jar\inqmyxml.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

MessageLib: unable to open URL 'file://C:/NWSETUP/NW_JAVA_700SP14_SR3/NW05SR3_DEV_WP_1/IM_WINDOWS_I386/messages.xml'

guiengine: no GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host pradeep, port 21200 to continue with the installation

guiengine: login in process.

guiengine: login successful.

103 keydb.unableToOpenURL file://C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04S\LM\UNINSTALL\DEVWP\control.xml, 49

103 keydb.unableToOpenURL file://C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04S\LM\UNINSTALL\DEVWP\control.xml, 49

Exit status of child: 1

I think it is unable to found messages.xml.

Kindly help me

Thanks & Regards

PRadeep Sharma

+91-9910705704

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

0 Kudos

This issue was resolved by moving to a more recent SWPM version. 

former_member191569
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

I had a similar problem a few days ago while installing SAP Developer Workplace 7.00 SR3, I chose installing platform with MSSQL database and the error message was exactly the same as yours.

My problem was that I decompressed the first installation archive part1.exe (generating the folder 51033522 with the installation files) before downloading the rest of the installation part fiules (part2.rar to part5.rar), so the folder was incomplete and the when I was executing sapins.exe there were missing files.

When I decompressed the part1.ese having previously downloaded the rest of the part files, the generated installation folder was complete and I could install the platform correctly.

former_member191569
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are you installing from a remote system? Try to copy the installation files in your local system and launch installation, that could solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While installing IDES system on DELL (os -->Linux) machine I am getting following error :

unable to open URL --> messages.xml

Can anybody suggest soln for this error. Is it due to JAVA /

I have installed JAVA --> 1.4.2

[root@bpcides temp]#

[root@bpcides temp]# /mnt/SAP_ERP/IM_LINUX/sapinst

[==============================] \ extracting... done!

Starting GuiServer using:

/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.4.2/bin/java -Xmx256M -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -cp /tmp/sapinst_exe.5548.1250587916/JAR/instgui.jar:/tmp/sapinst_exe.5548.1250587916/JAR/inqmyxml.jar SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

MessageLib: ERROR: unable to open URL 'file:///tmp/temp/messages.xml'

init: retrieving account information for group sapinst...

init: retrieving account information done.

load resource pool /mnt/SAP_ERP_6.0_SR3_IDES_Inst._Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64/resourcepool.xml

guiengine: No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host bpcides, port 21200 to continue with the installation

[root@bpcides temp]#

rgds

Subodh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> guiengine: No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host bpcides, port 21200 to continue with the installation

your DISPLAY variable is not correctly set - hence no GUI. Either set it correctly to point to an X-Server or start "StartGui.sh" in a separate terminal.

Markus

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

install j2sdk1.4.2_17 if your machine 64 bit.Other wise install j2sdk1.4.2_09.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before terminating the instllation it give error given below.

MessageLib: unable to open URL 'file://C:/NWSETUP/NW_JAVA_700SP14_SR3/NW05SR3_DEV_WP_1/IM_WINDOWS_I386/messages.xml'

guiengine: no GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host pradeep, port 21200 to continue with the installation

guiengine: login successful.

103 keydb.unableToOpenURL file://C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04S\SYSTEM\DEVWP\MAXDB\control.xml, 49

103 keydb.unableToOpenURL file://C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04S\SYSTEM\DEVWP\MAXDB\control.xml, 49

Exit status of child: 1

It mean it is unable to find messages.xml and control.xml.

I also tried to search this files but these files are not found.

Should I have to download again whole 3 large size installation files.

Can u give me these files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the solution to your problem.

First you remove previous installation completely from your machine.

Also remove the any version of j2sdk available at your machine

Install the fresh copy of j2sdk1.6 version to your machine.(Before that make sure you restart your machine once & syn with the server)

Now install the Netweaver version 7 available to you. durin gthe installation, u will need to provide the path of the java runtime environment. Provide the folder path. It may take that automatically.

This time the installation will work.

Let me know, is that solved ur problem.

Chander

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Install the fresh copy of j2sdk1.6 version to your machine.(Before that make sure you restart your machine once & syn with the server)

Now install the Netweaver version 7 available to you. durin gthe installation, u will need to provide the path of the java runtime environment. Provide the folder path. It may take that automatically.

JDK 1.6 will NOT work - sapinst tells you that when you give the JAVA_HOME path - so don´t waste your time with that.

1.4.2 is the ONLY version that works for Netweaver 7.0 (http://service.sap.com/pam)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed C:\j2sdk1.4.2_17\bin

But it is given same error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uninstall your Java installation and try to install j2sdk1.4.2_17. Download the 32 bit or 64 bit version of SDK that much to your installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which version of JRE Requirted for setup of

SAP NetWeaver Platform 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have JRE 1.6.0_05

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of JRE/JDK are you running? I don't think you are running a supported version.