Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writeup depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi when i try to post write up depreciation system giving below message as

"correction to the ordinary dep. is grater than Acc.dep in area01

could any one pls assist as it is urgent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

Sub ledger on your case is "Asset No".

Looks like that you want to post a depreciation more than the exist accumulated depreciation. You can check the Accumulated depreciation for the asset no in t-code : AW01N.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UOne U,

actually for this asset we posted unplanned depreciation but user wants to reduce the depreciation now so we tried to reverse unplanned dep but system giving the error

No FI documents generated. so we tried to post Writeup through ABZU but system is giving the error "Correction to ordinary dep. greater than acc. depin area01"

PLS assist

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

Did you do the posted unplanned depreciation using t-code :ABAA?

If you use ABAA then FI Document will not be generated. The FI Document will be generated if you run AFAB for unplanned depreciation. That's why when you reversed the Unplanned depreciation , the system said "No FI Documents generated". And this is not an error. If you check in AW01N , you will find out that the unplanned depreciation has been reversed.

So , you should not run ABZU anymore.

Hope it clears now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI U-one

we already posted the unplanned dep last month by AFAB after running ABAA. now we want to reverse the unplanned depreciation by AB08 then system is giving error,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see.

Try to reverse the unplanned depreciation using ABAA again. But this time , use transaction type = 971.

Afterward, run AFAB again using "reason for posting run"= REPEAT. But please note, that you can only use "REPEAT" for the last depreciation posting period.

Let say,

You do the posted unplanned depreciation in period 5 and you have already run AFAB for period 5. But you have not run AFAB for period 6, then you still can run AFAB for period 5 using "REPEAT". But if you have run AFAB for period 6, then your reversed unplanned depreciation will effect only in the period 6 (if you repeat AFAB for period 6) or period 7 (if you dont repeat AFAB for period 6).

Hope it helps and works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry to bother you

but there is no ttype 971in ABAA.

is there any way to post -ve dep thatmeans to increase netbook value apart writeup?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

No problem at all.

To define transaction type = 971 :

1. Go to AO78

2. Click button "New Entries"

3. Define as follow :

Trans type = 971 => Description : Write up for new acquisition.

Transaction type grp= 65

In account assignment box,

choose : Debit Transaction

Fill your document type. Normally , I used Doc type = "AA".

Afterward, try to post the reverse as I told before using this transaction type.

Hope it works now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uone ,

Same error

correction to ordinary depreciation grater than acc.dep,

this leading to same writeup procedure but i need revrsing unplanned dep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First,

You cannot reverse unplanned depreciation if you have already run AFAB. So the only way to do it , is using write up.

When I said "reverse", it refer to journal from write up that will make a zero balance with the journal from unplanned depreciation.

Second,

Have you check the asset history in AW01N as I told before?

You cannot post a write up > unplanned depreciation.

And also you cannot post a write up > ordinary depreciation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i found the root cause but dont have solution,

system is not allowing to post writeup bcz it is current year acquization, so accumilated depreciation is 0 so system is not allowing to post morethan 0.

but how can i reduce the depreciation for this year?

points will be assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

and what transaction type and the detail in the AO78 that you used to reduce the depreciation at the first time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

change the depreciation key. The system wil reverse the excess if any in teh current period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i didnt got you by changing dep key it will post back the amount posted in previous periods also as we are using catchup method.

thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi seshu

I strongly feel that CHECKING THE SUB LEDGER ,would be an apt solution in these type of situations.

Reward points,if found useful.

vivek sahni

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you pls let me know how to check subledger and what i can found there?

thanks for your response

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls check the sub asset ledger ,

becoz dep. date are change than pick up the dep.

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

iam sorry i dint got your point.

my problem is with posting writeup through ABZU.